Green tea

Options
I dont drink green tea but i buy a large bottle of green tea pills from costco and take 2 aday and ive heard it helps you lose weight. Has anyone had experience with this?

Replies

• naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea for the antioxidants not for weight loss. I don't truly believe any one food, drink or pill can help you lose weight (not permanently anyway)
  • rolandhulme
    rolandhulme Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I gave up my beloved coffee a few weeks ago and switched to green tea - and it did have an impact on my weight. I had plateaued at 177lbs and without doing anything different, switching to green tea helped me over that hump and down to 175. It certainly doesn't work miracles, but every little helps.

I drink about a liter of it per day - the downside is that I'm ALWAYS peeing!
  • melli244
    melli244 Posts: 63
    Options
    Ive also been thinking of giving up my coffee but i just cant do it LOL. I drink about 4 cups a day and with that and then i take 2 green tea pills at lunch and im so jittery mabey i should cut down on the coffee. Even if it doesnt significantly help drop the weight im glad its full of antioxidants. :)
  • Lyndo
    Lyndo Posts: 95
    Options
    I've been using the same pill from Costco...
    For about a year now, & everytime I forget to take them I don't go to the wasroom very well...
    I love them because I always go ....
    without them I'd be so :sad:
    I hate the smell & taste of green tea & this is why I take them :flowerforyou:
  • haleyk
    haleyk Posts: 58
    Options
    I drink tea twice a day and notice it makes my skin clear and healthy looking. I
  • nebulas
    nebulas Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea for the antioxidants not for weight loss. I don't truly believe any one food, drink or pill can help you lose weight (not permanently anyway)

i agree that there is no 1 'thing" that can help you loose weight permanently. That said after reading this post i read a lot about green tea and it is indeed great for antioxidants which help skin look better and help you get more nutrients from your food so your body is more efficient and overall you can feel like you need to eat less b/c of it.

My work has a ton of it, time to go get some! Green tea, here i come!
  • GoldLion
    GoldLion Posts: 6
    Options
    I have always loved my green tea.
    I did try the pills a few years ago but when i started taking them i noticed i started having horrible nightmares and one night i actually woke up in a panic attack from my nightmares. I stopped taking them and as soon as i stopped i have never had anything like that happen again. I dont know if it was the pills but i cant think of any other explanation.

Now i just drink about a liter of cold green tea a day, I dont have any sleeping problems haha, but i do have to go to the bathroom all the time!
  • bw0710
    bw0710 Posts: 9
    Options
    I love green tea! BUT i cannot drink it.... I try all the time, it makes me extreeemely sick to my stomach:sick:

I can drink any other kind of tea, but green tea makes me....green.

Does anyone else have this problem? any suggestions?
  • katrana
    katrana Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    those of you that don't like green tea- try Numi brand Jasmine green tea. It is AMAZING. I drink a cup of that every day. It is a little pricey (a box of 18 is around $5?) but it is a little "treat" for myself every morning. Some of the green teas, especially the cheaper brands, can be really bitter.
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I love green tea.............

I drink it plain or I sometimes put a splash of heavy cream, stevia and vanilla in it...........a sort of dessert for me.
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I love green tea! BUT i cannot drink it.... I try all the time, it makes me extreeemely sick to my stomach:sick:

I can drink any other kind of tea, but green tea makes me....green.

Does anyone else have this problem? any suggestions?

I have this problem, but with ALL Hot tea. I can drink coffee all day long with no issues. 2 cups of Hot tea and it's coming back up. My solution is not to drink more than 1 cup.

Oh, I read a study that said that green tea after exercise helps keep the metabalism elevated. I haven't tried it for the reason above...so no idea if it's true...just tossing it out there.
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Does the Crystal Light Natural Green Tea have the same qualities as the hot tea? I live in South Florida and hot tea is not appealing to me and all we drink in the house is crystal light. thoughts?
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Does the Crystal Light Natural Green Tea have the same qualities as the hot tea? I live in South Florida and hot tea is not appealing to me and all we drink in the house is crystal light. thoughts?

It has some green tea in it but not the same as real green tea from leaves. I make mine as sun tea and drink it iced. The only thing I can really drink hot (summer or winter) is coffee.

I put sugar free flavorings (Torani syrup) like peach or raspberry in mine.
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options

Christie, I drink the Crystal Light Peach Mango and it's yummy! I live in Houston, so hot tea doesn't cut it for me too often either! I just make it like regular tea and drink it iced.

I don't know if it's the green tea or not, but I've noticed my metabolism definitely seems to be working much better since I've been drinking it.
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options

Christie, I drink the Crystal Light Peach Mango and it's yummy! I live in Houston, so hot tea doesn't cut it for me too often either! I just make it like regular tea and drink it iced.

I don't know if it's the green tea or not, but I've noticed my metabolism definitely seems to be working much better since I've been drinking it.

I like that peach/mango one too. So do you make a big batch of green tea or ice it cup by cup? Oh, and do you put splenda or anything?