PROTEIN. PROTEIN. PROTEIN.

Options
2»

Replies

• Feathil
    Feathil Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Peas - I get cans of processed peas with no added sugar. Most everything else has been mentioned
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Luna bars, quinoa, greek yogurt, tofu, beans and lentils.
  • christinet8504
    Options
    Grilled Chicken!
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I have two fruit/yogurt smoothies a day.
    I love smoothies, too!

I make mine with Greek yogurt and the brand I use has 18 g of protein per serving.

I try to vary my protein sources ... chicken, lots of fish (wild salmon, halibut, rainbow trout, sardines in olive oil), shrimp, whole eggs & some red meat.
  • carlosdon
    carlosdon Posts: 125
    Options
    cottage cheese a **** load of protein and not as unhealthy as it sounds!
  • Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    anything with a face

this pretty much.. also love greek yogurt
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I use the GNC brand (100% whey).

Ground Turkey
    Chicken Breasts
    Greek Yogurt
    Eggs
    Peanut Butter
    Salmon and Tuna
    Whole Grains (have a large amount of protein believe it or not...)

That is where I get my 120+ grams of protein a day from...
  • jennylsapia
    jennylsapia Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have just started doing protein smoothies and love it!! Walmart sells Whey protein its 15 dollars for a large jar.....several different flavors. I mix mine with fruit, plain fat free yogurt and sometimes 100% fruit juice if not water or milk. and its not that bad on sugar!!
  • ayesinwi
    ayesinwi Posts: 1
    Options
    I know that this site is VERY popular for protein powders and meal shakes:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/

They also allow you to search for the shakes/powders by gender and diet plan which will let it give you recommendations like "if you are trying to gain, get this, if you are trying to lose, get this" although it may not be as straight forward as that.

I think they are cheaper than GNC even with shipping/handling.
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean cereals. Smart Dogs and Smart Sausage veggie protein links.
  • kaitlynnrogers
    kaitlynnrogers Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    make protein shakes..buy a whey protein from walmart its about 15 dollars for a HUGE bottle..and then get a recipe from this website: www.dashingdish.com
    she has AMAZING shakes, and it makes it taste like an ice cream shake but its not and its only about 200-300 calories and they fill you up! plus they get rid of a sweet tooth(:
  • wonderwomanwannaB
    Options
    If you like smoothies definitely try it with some greek yogurt. It's packed with protein and calcium.

Black-eyed peas with a bit of bulgar wheat has been a favorite of mine lately. Mix it with veggies and it's a great summer meal!
    (**Note: If you get your protein from beans, always combine them with a grain source to get all your essential amino acids)

Whey protein is expensive and there really is no need for it if you can get protein from your diet, so try and start with the food. Regular old milk is a far less expensive option that will give you a good boost!
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Quinoa (as far as I know the only non-meat substance that is a complete protein)
    I also like fiber bars by Fiber One or FiberPlus!!! The FiberPlus Caramel coconut tastes like a Samoa!!!
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    salmon - includes omega 3
    flaxeed cookies - includes flaxeed oil

greek yogurt
  • LindsayE007
    LindsayE007 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I make my protein shakes with a scoop of protein powder, 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 1/2 cup almond milk, and a T. of peanut butter. It has like 43 grams of protein!
  • carlosdon
    carlosdon Posts: 125
    Options
    Quinoa (as far as I know the only non-meat substance that is a complete protein)
    I also like fiber bars by Fiber One or FiberPlus!!! The FiberPlus Caramel coconut tastes like a Samoa!!!

need to try quinoa, have tried fibreplus tiss nice!
  • sunshine83777
    Options
    Bump