PB2 is amazing! Why didn't I figure this out sooner?

Options

Replies

• JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    how long does it last...or how much do you use? ive been checking it out on amazon but its pretty pricey.

The jar goes quickly..I ordered the bag..its worth it..IMO

I use 2 tbs at a time..45 cals...
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I heard it was good! I need to get me some becuase I love PB!! :drinker:
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    I'm scarfing down the last of a chocolate PB2 milkshake right now... which is really 1 c. of almond milk, 1 c. of spinach, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1 TBSP cocoa, and 2 TBSP PB2 with 1/2 tsp guar gum and a couple ice cubes for thickness... whizzed up. YUM.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Ordered big bags of the regular and chocolate last week. Hoping it arrives today...
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,024 Member
    Options
    Probably really good when mixed with peanut butter.
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I love this stuff!

I use it in my chocolate protein shakes. The chocolate PB2 is also delicious.

I got mine on Amazon.com. Its expensive but I think it was worth it. Mine was a 2 pack. One chocolate PB and one regular PB. I think it was $12.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I add PB2 to my oatmeal - yum! Great as a dip for apples.

Because this is a powder - you can store this in the freezer. That way if I order several jars at a time, I don't have to worry about the expiration date (nearly as much).

Netrition.com allows you to order single jars (Bell Plantation .... is 4 jars I believe).

2 TBL (powder) is one serving. I use a coffe scoop.
  • ssieben
    ssieben Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just discovered PB2 as well last week! YUMMMMY in my TUMMMY! If anyone reading this is from Canada..... Nutters sells it. The chocoalte pb is better than the regular in my opinion.

2 tbs of powder to 1 tbs of water is how the directions say to make it.... but i prefer a lil less water to make it more thick. I also have made it with sugar free smuckers strawberry jam instead of water. mmmmmm topped on a rice cake with banana slices.... mmmm simply divine!
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to try it but I think it's a little pricey. On amazon and in a local health food store it was $7 for a jar with 15 2T servings.

I want to try the chocolate. I went through a jar of Peanut Butter & Co Dark Chocolate Dreams pb way too quickly. It would be nice to find something tasty with less calories.
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I got mine directly from the company and their website has lots of recipes too.
    http://www.bellplantation.com/recipes
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    PB2??? What is it? I love PB but hate the fat so I would love to hear what this is....Thanks.. ;)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    PB2??? What is it? I love PB but hate the fat so I would love to hear what this is....Thanks.. ;)

Powdered Peanut Butter. Basically 85% of the fat is pressed out, and the "residual" is dried to a powder. They add salt & sugar. I think there is a sugar free version too...... NO, not yet.

http://www.bellplantation.com/

Not to be confused with products that use peanut flour (Better'n Peanut Butter) not nearly as tastey as PB2.
  • ValLongo
    ValLongo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Check out netrition.com. That's where I buy it. I believe it's around $3.99 per jar. I usually order a couple of jars and a couple of one pound bags too.
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I love PB2. I use it in shakes usually. But anything you use Peanut Butter in or on. My new favorite is the Chocolate PB2 mixed in my oatmeal. Yummy. Look around for prices because it does vary alot.
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Okay, I finally ordered some from Amazon based upon all the comments in this thread and let me just say ... you guys didn't steer me wrong! :happy:

This stuff is GOOOOOOOD! Wow, all the goodness of peanut butter without all the fat! Now, time to make those PB2 Fudge and Oatmeal cookies! :wink:
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Found some in my local organic food store....love it in my morning shakes!!!!!!!!!!!

It replaced my almond butter.
  • JenGranzow
    JenGranzow Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I love it in recipes and in smoothies/Shakeology, but I do not dig it mixed with water and used as a spread. In a recipe, it can really save a ton of fat and calories. I've used it in Skinnytaste's peanut butter pie and Asian Peanut Noodles, and in the Chobani Cold Sesame Noodles recipe - very good.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Some health food stores sell it, and Whole Foods will special order it for you. If you go to bellplantation.com you can find out if anywhere near you sells it in their stores. Online, I have found it's the cheapest is netrition.com. $3.99 a jar. Amazon is usually almost double that. And Netrition's shipping is a flat $4.95 for your whole order, so I always order a lot at one time so I don't have to order again for a few months. Good luck!

Thanks for this, I hadn't ordered it yet cuz it was so expensive. I just ordered one PB2 and one Chocolate PB2 to try. Appreciated, will let you know how it goes.
  • smsinger75
    smsinger75 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Online, I have found it's the cheapest is netrition.com. $3.99 a jar. Amazon is usually almost double that. And Netrition's shipping is a flat $4.95 for your whole order, so I always order a lot at one time so I don't have to order again for a few months. Good luck!

I use netrition.com for all of my lifestyle needs that I can't find locally. I love them! Their customer service is great and their shipping is very fast. And their prices are wonderful. I just ordered PB2 for the first time yesterday. So waiting for it to come in! I love peanut butter and I am excited about the PB2. All of your suggestions sound so good. i will have to try several of them! have a great day!

hugs~
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I love PB2! I eat it everyday! I get mine from the commissary ( military grocery store).