Bored- In need of new ideas

Options
boomer0688
boomer0688 Posts: 53 Member
Hey guys!I am happy because my diet has been going very well but I am starting to get bored because I eat the same things all the time. I am on a 1300 calorie diet. My day goes as so (usually)...
Breakfast: 1 Thomas Light English Muffin, 1 small bananan, 1 cup 8th continent light vanilla soy milk mixed with 1 cup frozen strawberries or other fruit (300 calories)
Lunch: 2 slices Aunt Millie 35 calorie bread with 6 slices Oscar Mayer Lunch Meat, 1 apple sliced, pretzels (300)
Dinner: 2 slices Aunt Millies bread with I cant belive its not butter spray, 4 oz chicken breast with spicy brown mustard, salsa or kraft BBQ sauce, 2 cups vegetable (260)
Snack: 1 fiber one bar
Dessert: 100 calorie popcorn

I would like to try new things but am having a hard time finding things within my calorie range
any tips?!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• dantell13
    dantell13 Posts: 71
    Options
    Try these things,
    Boca burger patties with salsa. Dosnt sound good but it truly is and its low fat, low carbs.
    Morningstar breakfast patty with organic maple syrup.
    That's what i live on alongs with Hard boiled egg whites and a ton of sugar free popsickles.
    David
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    You could add fish or shrimp for dinner. Also, bad as it might sound, a 4% hamburger patty only has 150 calories. I have one of those once a week or so. I also have small portions of steak on occasion.

Have you thought about salads for lunch? Trader Joes has quite a few low-fat salads with 300 calories or less. My favorite is the low-fat greek. 140 calories with dressing.

Oatmeal or egg white omlettes are great for breakfast.
  • sapphyre0702
    Options
    You can try light yoplait yogurt. They are 100 - 110 calories and delicious. My favorite is the apple turnover. It has protein and calcium which can help keep you fuller longer.
  • expressbug
    expressbug Posts: 100
    Options
    Weight Watchers String Cheese - 50 Calories
    Sugar Free Pudding Cups - 60 Calories
    Tuna - Whole can 150 Calories
    Eggs - 70 Calories
    Cottage Cheese - 80-90 calories depending on the brand
  • red_july
    red_july Posts: 13
    Options
    The new flavors Jello has come out with are great. Strawberry-acai and Raspberry-gogi. 10 cal.s per serving. It'll kill the sweet cravings.

Try a potato with cottage cheese and sprinkled with pepper

use speghetti squash instead of pasta and use your favorite sauce

have a cup of veggie soup or a salad along with your chicken and veggies

try 93/7 ground turkey, 1 c. whole wheat maccaroni, a veggie of your choice (I like zucchini), tomato sauce, a little chili powder, S&P. Cook the pasta, brown the turkey, add veg and sauce and simmer 15 minutes. serve over pasta. Makes 4 servings. Easy to freeze. Super low cal and very filling.

I hope this helps.
  • boomer0688
    boomer0688 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas guys! I should add that I cant have dairy and I am not a fan of eggs...so that complicates things a little.
  • mpolish
    mpolish Posts: 2
    Options
    i love this especially in the summer with fresh on the vine tomato's but i make tuna using low-fat yogurt, pickle, onion, and spoon it on top of a cut in half tomato then top both halves with low-fat mozzerella cheese then broil for 10 minutes ....it is waaaay tasty you can spice it up with a little bit of salsa on top of cheese if you wish
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas guys! I should add that I cant have dairy and I am not a fan of eggs...so that complicates things a little.

:huh: WOW! No dairy AND doesn't like eggs! I can't imagine living without either! Let's see. A real easy meal I love to make is this tuna salad that doesn't need mayo (which, remember, is dairy AND egg:wink: )

I love the Bumble Bee Prime Fillet Solid White Albacore tuna in water. I drain the water and put the tuna in a bowl. I add a spoon of dill relish (Heinz has less sugar), fresh dill (can you tell I love pickles), cayenne pepper, salt & peper to taste, freshly ground if you have it. Let it sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes to marry the flavors. Take an iceberg lettuce leave and divide the tuna evenly between them. Lettuce wraps! Awesome. I feel like I'm eating a big meal but there is no fatty mayo in it. Just a suggestion. You could also do this with a can of chicken, as long as it's low fat, low cal, etc.
  • Ahmee2034
    Options
    i love this especially in the summer with fresh on the vine tomato's but i make tuna using low-fat yogurt, pickle, onion, and spoon it on top of a cut in half tomato then top both halves with low-fat mozzerella cheese then broil for 10 minutes ....it is waaaay tasty you can spice it up with a little bit of salsa on top of cheese if you wish

This sounds awesome. I bet I could grill this, huh? I might try it tonight.
  • tvfit
    tvfit Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to roasted eggplant wraps, coming in at about 200 calories. I use a whole wheat wrap: Damascus Bakery's Roll up is 110 calories. I add strips of eggplant that I have previously roasted in the oven on a cookie sheet with Pam on it and on eggplant. I put cream cheese in the wrap (another 100 cals for 2 T) some fresh onions, eggplant and fresh onion and then I microwave. Certainly there's another spread or dressing you like that you could substitute for the cream cheese. ... maybe you'll like it, too! GL
  • ildi007
    ildi007 Posts: 107
    Options
    Very low cal: taco soup.
    1 can crushed tomato, 1 can low fat beef broth (or water, if you want it to be even less calories) 1 can corn (or bag, frozen) 1 jar salsa (I like it with beans and corn) 1 bag taco seasoning.
    I make this in a slow cooker, on high for 3-4 hours or on low all day while you're at work.
    It's the best served with tortilla chips on the bottom. For all those of you who can have dairy: cheese and sour cream on top.
    1 cup soup comes to 52 calories!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!! (plus chips, cheese, sour cream- add those as you measure them)
  • Ahmee2034
    Options
    Very low cal: taco soup.
    1 can crushed tomato, 1 can low fat beef broth (or water, if you want it to be even less calories) 1 can corn (or bag, frozen) 1 jar salsa (I like it with beans and corn) 1 bag taco seasoning.
    I make this in a slow cooker, on high for 3-4 hours or on low all day while you're at work.
    It's the best served with tortilla chips on the bottom. For all those of you who can have dairy: cheese and sour cream on top.
    1 cup soup comes to 52 calories!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!! (plus chips, cheese, sour cream- add those as you measure them)

:drinker: Sounds delich! I think I'll try that today. It would be different. Thank!
  • ildi007
    ildi007 Posts: 107
    Options
    Let me know how you liked it!:smile: