Anyone else doing New Leaf?

Options
I was just wondering if anyone else on MFP was doing the New Leaf program. It would be nice to have some MFP friends doing the same type of program as me!

New Leaf is a program geared towards teaching your body to burn calories more efficiently (for people looking for weight loss). You'll need a HRM, and to do the testing at a club that is offering the testing (I went to the YMCA near my house), and they create a program based on your results. There is also an option to optimise performance for people that are already in great shape.

One thing I've noticed is that I tend to sweat more on New Leaf then if I was doing what I had done previously.

Replies

• lisapisa1
    lisapisa1 Posts: 115
    Options
    I just had my initial assessment on Saturday and started the program today.

I decided to do New Leaf because I was consistently gaining using just MFP's 1200 calorie goal and eating back my exercise calories. According to New Leaf I was undereating, so I'm excited to see if my body starts responding now that I'm eating more. Since I just started my workouts are in the wimpy phase where I'm mainly in Zones 1 & 2.

How long have you been doing it for? Do you find you are having more success with New Leaf than without it? Did the calorie goal New Leaf give you vary significantly from the one MPF set for you?
  • ehow
    ehow Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just had my assessment as well, I should be eating closer to 2100 cal/day than the 1300 MFP set for me. How has your weightloss been going with New Leaf?