What would you do if???????????

Options
DALENEWELL
DALENEWELL Posts: 11 Member
You were just enough under your calorie goal for the day and you decided to split a mcbristro and fries at Micky d's and when you drove away and parked your car you found out they messed up the order. You got a large fries, a med fries, a big mac with extra pickles and a Double BIG MAC? I will let you know what we did but just wanted to know what your thoughts were????

Replies

• Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I would have taken it back and got my own order.
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Honestly I'd go back and ask where the hell my salad was, because that would have been more order. I LOVE McD's fries and now they make more feel like crap for the day. . .
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I would go back and get my correct order, just for the principle of it. They should have gotten your order right.
  • Scatterdragon
    Scatterdragon Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I would go back and get my correct order, just for the principle of it. They should have gotten your order right.
  • ImRadical4Jesus
    ImRadical4Jesus Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I probably wouldn't of gone to Micky D's to begin with, but if I did, I would go back and make them give me what I ordered! Here is something my daughter shared with me. It's a little lengthy but you can skip through some parts although, we watched it all. Didn't realize what effects foods really have, specially fast foods. Let me know what you thought about this video...curious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHKCb0_2oD0
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    If i had the time, I would take it back and have them fix it.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I would have taken it back and got my own order.

Basically this. If I ordered something and they screwed up everything, I would return to the place I got it from and demand either they make the order right or demand a full refund. If they're out of something, they need to tell you. If they're out of medium fry holders and decide to, stupidly, give you two different sizes instead, they need to tell you. Otherwise it just sounds like you got the shift lot that couldn't give a flying monkey turd about their jobs, just the paycheck.
  • xXKatrinaXx
    xXKatrinaXx Posts: 234
    Options
    i would take it back and have them fix it too.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    The worst part about going back, is they cant re-serve they gave you, so you are usually stuck with it.
    So you get what you ordered+more!

if you live in a bigger city, give the food to a homeless person =)
  • momma924
    momma924 Posts: 26
    Options
    eeek Yeah if I was watching my calories (like I do now) I would take it back..because if I ate the fries and burger, it'd double my calories :-( my husband said he'd "mow that all down" bahahah! But he's not on a strict diet .. :-)
  • jcriscuolo
    jcriscuolo Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    That must have been some kind of test of your will. Resist the temptation to driv off and eat it. Take it back, get your money back and stay under your daily caloric intake ;-)
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Take it back! Because I don't like the Big Mac, lol
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    I would have ate it.

eaten* :laugh:
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have (willingly) gone to McDs either - but I've been in that spot with other fastfood places -- I'd have taken it back and gotten what I ordered.

Now, if it was something from another place that I actually *liked* -- it would have been much harder to do - probably would have ended up as one of my BAD days.
  • honestlysweet
    honestlysweet Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    This always happens to me. We have the biggest turnover at our McD's in the world it seems, because everyone is in training all the time. I hate to get some poor kid in trouble who probably just started his/her first job, so I dunno, if I went back, I would just be very calm and sweet about it explaining what happened but that the person at the window was very nice and pleasant, just made a mistake, that's all.

I have older kids and both of them had at some time or another worked in fast food and made mistakes, so maybe I am just acting like I wish people would have been toward my kids.

My son says once on his first or second day, he accidentally switched orders, giving one car four diet cokes when they ordered regulars and giving the next car reg when they ordered four diets. No one complained, though. I thought that was odd. I would have thought the non dieters getting diet sodas would have raised hell, but they didn't. I love people like that.
  • tinamatteson
    tinamatteson Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You were just enough under your calorie goal for the day and you decided to split a mcbristro and fries at Micky d's and when you drove away and parked your car you found out they messed up the order. You got a large fries, a med fries, a big mac with extra pickles and a Double BIG MAC? I will let you know what we did but just wanted to know what your thoughts were????

So... what did you do????? Can't wait to hear!
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    The worst part about going back, is they cant re-serve they gave you, so you are usually stuck with it.
    So you get what you ordered+more!

if you live in a bigger city, give the food to a homeless person =)

Must be a location thing. Every fast food place I've been to here, if you return in the restaurant with the order, they throw it away. Now if you call it in, talk to the manager, and either then go get the new order or go redeem your free meal at a later date then yeah you get to keep all the food.
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I would take it back - having worked fast food through high school and part of college I have little patience for having my food messed up - though i am usually nice about it when i do take it back but it does need to be fixed the way you order it.
  • debbieLamphere
    Options
    not sure.........I try to stay away from fast food lately ..........but i do go from time to time...when i go now i order small everything and no milkshake! but in the olden days the funny thing is the order you got sounds just like what i would have ordered! i love the big macs with EXTRA pickle!!! and Extra sauce too!! lol . chances are i probably would try to eat half of everything that way i would not feel quite as guilty. lol
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    if and when back in the day i would of just kept it. but now if i went their for frys and they messed up i would still keep the frys and give the rest away to someone but thats me