Brand New to Online Weight Loss Community

Options
I'm brand new to this and I'm hoping to find the same success I've found with other programs in the past. I was very successful on the Weight Watchers plan and lost 60 pounds a few years back. Life happened and I gained a lot of it back...not all of it. I've since tried going back to the plan, but they changed everything on me and I'm having a hard time adjusting. I need something new to try and my sister told me about this. I'm trying to lose 35 pounds by summer, I'm not sure I'll be able to do it. I work out 3-4 times per week with a mix of strength training and cardio. My main problem is...I'm a carbaholic. Any tips or pointers any other carbaholics have for getting over that will be appreciated along the way :). I have accepted that weight will be a lifelong struggle for me, but for once I'd like to have the upper hand.

Replies

• geniagrier
    Options
    one thing I have tried and must be working is.....I have quit drinking sodas and started taking Flax seed daily
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    The only thing I've found that works for me is to go as low carb as possible to get your body to stop craving carbs. After a while, you can increase it to the suggested 55% of your total calories (total calories per day x .55% / 4 = total grams in carbs per day). High fat/sugar foods also cause more cravings. Best of luck to you.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    The trick to bad carbs, is cold turkey. I had me some bad carbs the other day...and it's taken me nearly 4 days to get back on track. (bad carbs in my view are megadoses that give you a high and a buzz....mocha frappucinos, chocolate shakes, half a family size bag of chips )

I'm in no way a carb hater, i just know they can be addicting.

Another thing I've found (if you have money) is to buy single servings of stuff at the grocery store. Cannot resist eating a whole pie or bag of chips if its there, but if i just buy a slice or even a larger small bag of chips (gas station size)

Good luck
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Pretend that unhealthy carbs are broken for you. I found cold turkey is best as well. Lots of veggies for the vitamins and minerals. Dark berries are ok but avoid the sweet fruit because it may make you crave more and other unhealthy carbs.