WHEN CUSTOMIZING GOALS FOR ATKINS INDUCTION PHASE

Options
meldan111
meldan111 Posts: 15 Member
There's no way that you can customize for the Atkins Induction Phase. Need to set at 20 gms. daily. But percentages that are a given either calculates for 15 gms or jumps to 30 gms per day. Wish I could have the option for the 20 gms. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Replies

• martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to adjust percentage's but, I just track net carbs. I set my diary to record carbs, fiber, sugar and fat. I don't pay as much attention to protein, and you have to keep the calories category.
  • dorkof82
    dorkof82 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm doing low calorie And induction and just personalized mine. You want to take into account that MFP isn't going to know that you subtract the fiber, so what I did was looked at about how many carbs and fiber I was taking in and set them to those. It came out to about 65 carbs and 45 fiber. Also, if you are having trouble finding a specific number, keep in mind that if you change the calories the percentages/grams of everything else will also change... I keep my diary open to my friends, feel free to add me :)
  • meldan111
    Options
    Martina,
    Thanks for offering your suggestions. However, r u putting in the recipe (with all the ingredients) and dividing into how many servings it makes and then adding the ind. svg. size to your daily intake to calculate the carbs. I'm lost how u're doing that. Any help. Thanks. Mel
  • meldan111
    Options
    dorkof82,
    Thanks, I did change the calorie section until I reached my 20 gms. of carbs.

Martiah.
    I just happed to find a bunch of recipes that the recipes I was eating happened to be there and I was able to input these recipes. I I thank you both very much. Mel

If you have time to browse Linda's site: http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb

Her recipes (all by categories with carb, protein, fat counts, etc), all of her daily menus for the past 8-9 years, from induction to the final phase. She also tells you what phase or phases that recipe is to be used for.