put on hold

Options
It looks like my weight loss goal will have to be put on hold. I just found out two days ago I am preggers with my first baby!!!
I'll be back to the grind in 8 months to lose the baby weight.

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! If I read your profile right, you have 71lbs left to lose. Talk to your doctor... you can still lose weight while pregnant. By eating healthier, sticking to a strict caloric intake (guided by your doctor instead of MFP), and exercising often, you will have a healthier pregnancy and delivery.

Don't take this as a sign to stop "healthy dieting" as I call it. Take it as a sign to get better direction from a doctor or other healthcare professional about how to lose weight in a healthy manner while pregnant.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • jenlwren
    jenlwren Posts: 41
    Options
    Congrats...Keep exercising until they tell you not too. There are some great pilates dvds for pregnancy too.
  • tmarie974
    tmarie974 Posts: 3
    Options
    I too, found out i was pregnant this month. This is my second baby, I exercised throughout my last pregnancy. I was spinning on my due date:) I hope this pregnancy goes that well! LOL Anyway, I just wanted to say keep exercising all the way through if you can, you will keep your gain low 30-35 pounds and lose it just as fast..Good luck and have a HH9M!!
  • tmarie974
    tmarie974 Posts: 3
    Options
    I too, found out i was pregnant this month. This is my second baby, I exercised throughout my last pregnancy. I was spinning on my due date:) I hope this pregnancy goes that well! LOL Anyway, I just wanted to say keep exercising all the way through if you can, you will keep your gain low 30-35 pounds and lose it just as fast..Good luck and have a HH9M!!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Look at it this way - with healthy eating and appropriate exercise you could maintain your current scale weight throughout your pregnancy, and then on the newbies B'day you lose 15 pounds (Munchkin+placenta+amniotic fluid etc. etc.) all at once!

Congratulations! Take care of yourselves. :smile:
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    congrats :flowerforyou:
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Just so you know, I lost 50 lbs (which I needed to lose!) when I was pregnant with my last boy. It was the healthiest I have ever felt and it was just from eating properly. That was 21 years ago, but I'm here to tell you that he is the healthiest kid in the bunch!!!

Get some advice from your Dr. and just stick to a healthy plan with an "adjusted for preggers" calorie intake and you can have the best of both worlds! ***but know that we are all telling you this as encourangement, if you want to do this - not to chastise you for announcing an "MFP hiatus"....:flowerforyou:

All you preggo MFPer's should start your own group! It seems to be catching!