PB2???

Options
I'm deliberating ordering some PB2, have never had it, but have heard mostly good things and it looks interesting... so... IS IT WORTH IT? Any recommendations? Any "Yes! Go for it!!"s or "NO NO don't do it!"s out there?

Any advice or suggestions would be great :D

Thanks!
-C

Replies

• chelseaalicia
    chelseaalicia Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    bump
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    The two health food stores I tried finding PB2 both said "Why would you want to eat that? The fat in peanut butter is the GOOD fat!" I said, "Yea, but I eat too dang much of it!!"

I live in Denver and can't find it here. Not big on ordering food over the net unless I really have to and/ or the price is great.

You'll get all types of responses to this question.

Good luck :)
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I just did a search on Peanut Butter, looking for good natural brands, and found this PB2 idea. I'm shocked. I'm just amazed that anyone would feel the need for it. But I guess we all have different ways of dieting, and different dietary needs. I'm trying to find ways to add healthy calories right now, even though I'm trying to lose weight--I think I underestimated what I require.
  • chelseaalicia
    chelseaalicia Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    It seems like a good idea, but I think it depends on if you eat a lot of calorie-dense foods to begin with (ie- meat, full fat dairy, etc), and what your needs are. If you're on 1200-1400 calories a day, 100cals for a tablespoon is a lot of your total day, but it is one of the better fat sources out there. It's a toss-up I know, but I'm curious to what the opinions are :)
  • ValLongo
    ValLongo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love it. I order it online at netrition.com. I find that is the best price around and shipping is a flat $4.95. While the fat in peanut butter is the good type of fat, I have a hard time having such a small portion. I don't eat a whole lot more of the PB2 at one time, but knowing I can lets me enjoy it more. Then I can save my good fat for something else during the day.
  • manda1002
    manda1002 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    One of my girlfriends uses PB2 in her smoothies and LOVES it for them. And I think its the only thing she uses it for...
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I have no problem with it at all, I think it is delicious in oatmeal, shakes, on apples, sandwiches, pancakes, etc

Sure regular PB has good fat in it. But some days I get plenty from other sources, and eating PB2 on certain days helps me stay in my calorie limit easier
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I have no problem with it at all, I think it is delicious in oatmeal, shakes, on apples, sandwiches, pancakes, etc

Sure regular PB has good fat in it. But some days I get plenty from other sources, and eating PB2 on certain days helps me stay in my calorie limit easier

This!:wink:
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I use it in homemade (vegan) hot chocolate, coffee lattes, and smoothies. I've never attempted to use it as an actual spread substitute. It's not going to be a perfect peanut butter substitute--the fat you miss is necessary for a really good peanut butter. But it has its place in my life for sure!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options

^^^^^ Ditto this. I get good fats elsewhere as well. Plus I love the low calorie content in the PB2. Plus it tastes good!