Options
mbb8682
mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
How many calories do you burn if you vacumm for 30 min can't find it?:smile:

Replies

• mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you burn if you vacumm for 30 min can't find it?:smile:
    dont know i don't count stuff like that as a workout- but thats just me
  • reedman
    reedman Posts: 35
    Options
    About as many as you'd burn sitting around doing nothing I'm afraid. You're not going to get an increase in your heart rate if you're just running the vac. Unless you're doing it while angry at your spouse for not doing it...that might get your blood pumping a bit.

But, I did find this information...

Calories burned with Vacuuming

238 calories per hour

Assuming a body weight of: 150 lbs
  • mbb8682
    Options
    I don't either but everything you do is burning calories and every calorie counts for me so I like to have some kind of idea. It helps me stay on myself of not eating to many.

When I work out I normally only count those calories but I read an article that said you should count everything you do.
  • mbb8682
    Options
    Thank you and normally that is when I am doing it.
  • Tofuheart
    Tofuheart Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Actually that's not true. I vacuum and my heart rate increases and sometimes I have to open the windows because I break into a sweat. My trainer at the gym said that considered moderate exercise (comparable to aerobics) depending on the pace you do it at. When I used to do it daily for (20 minutes or so) I could feel it in my triceps the next day. :smile:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Actually that's not true. I vacuum and my heart rate increases and sometimes I have to open the windows because I break into a sweat. My trainer at the gym said that considered moderate exercise (comparable to aerobics) depending on the pace you do it at. When I used to do it daily for (20 minutes or so) I could feel it in my triceps the next day. :smile:

you break a sweat and get sore triceps from vacuuming!!!!!:indifferent:
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

you break a sweat and get sore triceps from vacuuming!!!!!:indifferent:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: