2»

Replies

• mountaingirl222
    Options
    I have to take Hyomax and limit my fiber, fiber for me makes it worse
  • Gt3ch
    Gt3ch Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    This is NOT a medical advice forum. Consult your licensed, qualified, physician.

I'm assuming the OP has an IBS diagnosis from a Dr. and didn't just decide it's IBS because of GI distress. It would be great advice to go back for more help if doctors were qualified for these issues. They're not. An IBS diagnosis only means the Dr. has excluded a short list of serious conditions and is unsure of the cause of the GI distress. For a lot of Dr.'s that means it's therefore an emotional issue (& the OP is therefore SOL). The reality is the cause could be any of a number of things. An IBS patient is on their own to figure out the root cause and how to manage it.

A food diary and a rigorous elimination diet are absolutely the first places to start. Food allergies and intolerances are very common and often present GI distress. Even if you were consulting with a Dr. it's always up to the patient to sort these issues out anyway. There simply are no 100% accurate tests for these in the Dr's office. A Dr.'s or nutritionalist's consultation wouldn't go beyond basic common sense advice on these matters.