Hi, new on here.

Options
Hello everybody, i'm 26 and classed as obese at just under 16 stone. I've always been a big person and for many years i have battled with my weight and i've never been in the mind frame to fully do something about it.

I was married 6 months ago and after having trouble with conceiving i have finally fund the right frame of mind and i have never been so determined as i am now It helps that my mum is now doing it with me and in the past 2 weeks i have lost 5lb.

I have completely turned my lifestyle around and i'm now eating the right food at the right time.

Life is for living to the full and i can't wait to start seeing my weight reducing.

Replies

• Lusciousss
    Options
    Hi there :wink:

I'm new on here too! So a big hello from me to you. Guess we should both pat ourselves on the back for taking a postive step in the right direction and tackling our weight issues. Good luck! xx
  • Trixxstar
    Trixxstar Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello to you both :happy:

Well done for making the first step, which can be the hardest! You will find lots of motivation and tips here, everyone is really friendly!!

Feel free to add me as a friend :smile:
  • lau8985
    lau8985 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm new to the message boards too...

I'm 26 and have 2 stone to lose, would love to lose it in time for the summer! Lots of motivation at the minute, especially since the sun is shining :happy: I've had a lot of problems with allergies over the last 2 years which contributed to my weight gain... Allergies seem to be more under control now though so its time to lose the weight!

I've been tracking for a few weeks on and off but back on track now :smile:

Have a great day

Laura x
  • kprangernix07
    kprangernix07 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Welcome all! Congratulations on your new lifestyle change! Feel free to add me!

...and how much is a stone??? lol
  • androidgal
    androidgal Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello, this has to be the most supportive place on line for losing weight....lots of great people, all going through similar trials, and best of all nobody telling what you should or shouldnt eat..just advice if you ask for it....and a stone is 14 pounds...lol
  • fiabka
    fiabka Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hey, great attitude huni - well done you - you've come to the best place :bigsmile:

Oh & a stone is 14lbs (British measuring system)

xx
  • kprangernix07
    kprangernix07 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Ah! I knew it had to be the Brits! :)
  • lau8985
    lau8985 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

Haha, a stone is 14lbs. Can't get used to measuring in pounds!! :smile: