Ok BURNING BELLY FAT experts needed!!

Options
Ok people, I'm getting mixed answers and I'd like to hear what other people think...

What are the absolute best exercises for burning belly fat?

Replies

• tiffylc37
    tiffylc37 Posts: 29
    Options
    bump
  • Alpine005
    Alpine005 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You can target muscle growth, but you can't target fat loss and that's probably a good thing. Sorry.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. All you can do is lower your body fat % and eventually it will come off the belly as well. Abs are made in the kitchen!
  • cainie19
    cainie19 Posts: 126
    Options
    You can't spot-reduce fat unfortunately but you can burn kcal and tone up your an muscles that should help your belly worries :-)
  • youknome
    youknome Posts: 63
    Options
    The answer to your question is very simple... there is no way to spot reduce fat.

Here's a great article by Bodybuilding.com - http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/issa72.htm
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Like they said, you can't spot reduce.

Fat storage is genetic. Your body stores fat, and burns fat, in a specific order that is determined solely by genetics. There is nothing you can do that will change it. You have to reduce all over body fat.
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    how do you make abs in the kitchen? have heard this before? what ingredients are putting in there or is just calories?:huh:
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    by now you probably know that you can't "spot reduce." You can reduce your overall body fat while building lean muscle all over, including your abs. As you build ab muscles with exercise, they get "tighter" and take up less space underneath the layer of fat, but they still won't show up very well. when your overall body fat gets low enough--I think it maybe around 20% but I'm not sure--your abs will begin to show and your hard work will be revealed. Women are naturally built to have more padding around the belly, hips, and thighs--it's just biology.

If there were a way to reduce this "belly bulge" by itself, I'd have been all over it by now. As far as I know, it's just clean eating, building muscle, and reducing fat. The only way to spot reduce the belly is liposuction.
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Ok I guess I wasn't clear...

I'm ADDING to my routine and wanted to know what the best belly flat blasting exercises were in peoples oppinions.

I'll stick with advice I was given thanks.
  • msjersey73
    msjersey73 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Doing Planks and pelvic lifts are the best way i have found to trim inches fast from your mid section. Those planks and pelvic lifts strengthen your core without bulking it up.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    +1 on not being able to "spot reduce" . Having said that, by strengthening your core you may improve your posture and give the appearance of your stomach shrinking but the reality is that your body loses fat in what sometimes looks like a random manner (& everybody seems to be a little different, when I started losing weight the first place seemed to be my face & neck)

There are lots of charlatans out there who will sell you their "little known secret" - save your money. Eat well, exercise and patience........
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Treat your ab workout as a cardio workout - get off the floor...
  • chelsiecav
    Options
    great
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    The below is a copy of an e-mail I send to someone who asked me what had worked for me...

♥♥♥♥♥♥

I myself never thought I would be able to get rid of my belly until I read an article which talked about the importance of getting off the floor to accomplish stomach fat burn - at first I was thinking these people are crazy but as you can tell they were right... when you do crunches you are developing the ab muscle but not burning the fat covering that muscle - but I won't get too much in to that.

So... no matter what exercise you are doing, always and I mean ALWAYS have your core engaged (stand up straight and suck in that belly) - on the treadmill, while lifting weights... ALWAYS...

Here are some of the exercises I do -cable machine (I am not sure if you use the gym or not) it is the motion what really works so free weights are ok...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/standing-cable-wood-chop
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/standing-cable-lift
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/pallof-press-with-rotation
    Cruches on a stability ball holding a weight straight up over you chest
    Standing side crunch - weight over head as if pulling down to the side as I lift straight to the side the leg of the same side (hope you understand that explanation, lol)

it will take time to see the results... there is plenty of fat that accumulates to the mid section. Drink plenty of water and if you have any stressors learn how to fight them - via working out, music, what every you have to do - I can tell when i am stress, my mid section blows up immediately :(
  • FinalOutrage
    Options
    Sorry, you can't actually spot reduce. Where you burn fat is completely related to your genetics.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Ok people, I'm getting mixed answers and I'd like to hear what other people think...

What are the absolute best exercises for burning belly fat?

A calorie deficit yo.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    You can't blast belly fat. So, there are NO exercises to blast belly fat.

You need to reduce your overall body fat % to get a "flat" tummy. You probably need to be somewhere in the vicinity of 18 to 20%. And then for some people, genetics is cruel and it will never happen.
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I do reverse body ball cruches and did the Zumba ab video in the beginning. Everything in the video is from standing position. I loved it. :)

Not saying I have perfect abs, btw..LOL....just saying for me, after having 2 kids, it worked best for me. Aside from other exercise, of course. :)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Ok I guess I wasn't clear...

I'm ADDING to my routine and wanted to know what the best belly flat blasting exercises were in peoples oppinions.

I'll stick with advice I was given thanks.

As everyone has already said, there are no belly fat blasting exercises. It's not how it works.

If you want to really train your core strength, that's easy. Squats and deadlifts.

Reducing fat is all diet.
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I can tell when i am stress, my mid section blows up immediately :(

Wow, I never made this connection! I'll be watching for this too. Darn biology!!!!