New excercise DVDs--any advice?

Options
I work out mainly via home excercise videos and am looking to spice up my routine. Currently I'm addicted to TaeBo--so I like fast-paced, make-you-sweat types of things. I also have one "The Firm--get chisled" DVD that I enjoy. I do Yoga occassionally, but am really looking for another kick-butt type of routine.

I'm kind of debating between "The Firm" or a Jillian Michaels one. Any suggestions?

Replies

• lbailey05
    lbailey05 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. From warm-up to cool down it is about 35 minutes long and I am sweating by the end of it. Her 30 Day Shred is great too. I also have her No More Trouble Zones and it is a great workout but is closer to an hour.
  • ProteinLovinMom
    Options
    Thanks! I think I'll give one of hers a try.

Also looking at a Jazzercise DVD because I love to dance. Anybody have any experience with those?
  • emilykap
    emilykap Posts: 1
    Options
    If you like to dance you should try Zumba. Its really fun and burns lots of calories!
  • crisfanning
    crisfanning Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just started JIllian Michaels Body Revolution program last week and I am liking it so far. I didn't do the "kickstart" option, but I'm thinking I might do that this week.
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I always "test drive" new workout DVD's at the local library:) This allows me to see if I like the trainer and the method before I commit to buying them
  • Bruinsmama
    Bruinsmama Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I just orded the Jillan kickboxing, I am trying it this week! Will let you know my thoughts.
  • butterfly10398
    Options
    I personally LOVE Jillian Michaels and have most of her DVD's. I would recommend pretty much any of her workouts. I just started the ripped in 30 and it is pretty intense.
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    INSANITY is seriously fast paced and addicting!
  • questhaven
    questhaven Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. It's only 20 minutes but kicks your butt! I'm 9 days in and can already see results. You can see how it's worked for a number of people by searching the forums for "30DS Results" or "30 Day Shred Results" - there are a number of before and after pictures.
  • louisey112
    louisey112 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred or Ripped in 30 (I'm almost done with the Shred and only 27 minutes start to finish) Doing Ripped in April, but I really like the 3-2-1 concept that she has and it has made a huge difference for me. Plus there's groups you can join which also help out tremendously.
  • Jreneewright
    Options
    i dont do kick butt dvds cause i get bored. but i LOVE LOVE LOVE ZUMBA!! its much more of a work out then you think!! my abs are killing me after and im still smiling cause its really fun!!! its been awesome! its helping me get my curves back and toning up!! i love it!
  • flyingwrite
    flyingwrite Posts: 264
    Options
    I really like Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones. You always know when you've done a Jillian workout.
  • txbunny1908
    txbunny1908 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have several of Jillian's dvds. Some I love, some I hate. She likes to do a lot of jumpy things - mountain climbers, jumping jacks, jump rope, etc. Something to keep in mind if you live in an apartment above someone, the neighbors might not like thinking the roof is coming down on them, lol! I have my dvd player on the second floor in my house and there are a couple that I won't do anymore b/c I feel like I really shouldn't be jumping so much upstairs. Her 30 day video is pretty good, each segment is about 30 min. I like the kickbox dvd she just came out with. They are 20 min segments, but you could do 2 or even all 3 if you wanted. I think people love her or hate her, sometimes you just have to ignore her personality. Sometimes you have to slow down and focus on your form - she doesn't really do that much and there are some moves you could probably get hurt if you aren't mindful. The good thing about her dvds is that you can get them pretty cheap, so if you don't like it you don't feel totally ripped off!
  • gavintri
    gavintri Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. Highly recomend.
  • duluthian
    duluthian Posts: 69
    Options
    I get my exercise DVD's from "Collage Video's". I love the website as I can get "clips" of the routines, plus if you really hate the DVD you have bought you can send it back. They have a lot of DVD's that you can't buy in the stores :)
  • gavintri
    gavintri Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. Highly recomend.

If you want more intense then P90X is also good.
  • mashanda
    mashanda Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Try Shaun T. He is a lot of fun.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. From warm-up to cool down it is about 35 minutes long and I am sweating by the end of it. Her 30 Day Shred is great too. I also have her No More Trouble Zones and it is a great workout but is closer to an hour.

I agree - Ripped in 30 is intense and a great workout!
  • tdmcmains
    tdmcmains Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Love Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones. It's my absolute favorite DVD. its 40 minutes. Starts tougher than it ends. It's not fast paced and there is no jumping up and down but that is a plus for me. They use 3 lb weights in the DVD and i've been using 10s but I'm trying to focus more on strength than cardio.
    I simply love it. You really feel like you've worked. Lots of good abs stuff...
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Just push play every day.

Oh, and Insanity all the way if you want 'make you sweat till you're a wrinkled raisin' workouts.