3800kcal diet, Food recommendations....

im 21 have to take in 3800kcals per day.. any recommendations for high calorie foods (except peanutbutter, i have that everyday)

Replies

• Vermilla
    Vermilla Posts: 348
    I've not seen a post for high calorie foods before but I know off the top of my head that pasta dishes can be made healthy but high in calories as well as beef dishes, especially non-lean ground beef.

EDIT: also, you didn't state why you need so many calories but protein shakes you can get pretty high and drink throughout the day between meals.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Heya :)

Red meat is great for cals, half a cup of cashews is 200+ cals, cheese is 100 cals per ounce, eggs are fairly decent, protein shakes with at least 300 cals in them (no diet shakes), butter/fats/oils, avocados, rice, carbs like pasta, salmon is good too.
  • Two scoops of Six Star whey protein + from Walmart and two cups of Skim milk.

BAM! 560 calories.

Other than that, what gemiwing said.

Since you're trying to gain weight, an easy and good way to up your calories is to drink your remaining calories in milk (preferrably skim or 1%)
  • kaiser90
    kaiser90 Posts: 29
    I've not seen a post for high calorie foods before but I know off the top of my head that pasta dishes can be made healthy but high in calories as well as beef dishes, especially non-lean ground beef.

EDIT: also, you didn't state why you need so many calories but protein shakes you can get pretty high and drink throughout the day between meals.

oh sorry, need to put on muscle, have high metabolism so need a lot of calories, unfortunately

Thanks for all the comments