Hello

Options
mitch16
mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
I'm not really new here--I've been lurking since late January...

I've been dieting/watching my weight since mid-January and was moving along at a steady 1 lb/week pace--good enough to reach my goal by early August.

I was devastated when I had a skiing accident over Easter weekend and messed up my knee (cartilage damage, thankfully not ACL)--I thought that since I could no longer exercise my weight would start creeping up. Certainly there was pity eating over the first week...

But...

The craziest thing has been happening--I'm staying within my daily calorie allotment, still not really exercising (started physical therapy just this week)... and I'm now losing between 2-3 pounds per week!

If I could go back and time and change the events that led to my accident I certainly would, but still being able to lose weight (and more of it) has me looking on the bright side! :smile:
148602.png

Replies

• JJeMitchell
    JJeMitchell Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Good job staying within your calorie limit even though you were injured!!! :)
  • etandit
    etandit Posts: 35
    Options
    :smile: Hi good job. My experience is like yours, injury crushed leg and unable to walk for over 1 year. in PT for a year now and lucky to have a let at all. I started at the end of April here and like you have been dropping 2 lbs average per week. no exercise and verry little walking. i feel luck to have a leg and really silly having agined all the weight that i did through this(over 200 lbs when i started getting control. Keep up the good work and good luck with your PT:flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. I do. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: