Milk + Cereal?

Options
I was looking at getting some milk (something I very rarely drink) to eat with this new high protein cereal I found:
222522964.jpg

But, to my surprise, I found Milk was really high in sugar!
I'll drink any milk (with cereal) but I really prefer Whole.

Does it matter? Should I drink it anyway?
Should the cereal just be a dry snack and I keep the breakfast I've been having?

Thanks

Replies

• escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I drink milk everyday, if you eat it with a carb...I wouldn't worry about the sugar. Just don't drink a litre a day like I used to hahha
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    it depends on what you are counting... I'm a diabetic so I cound carbs because it's all sugar to me but I love my cereal with milk and like you if I'm going to use milk I'm going to use the real thing not some watered down version of it. What this means is I usually can't eat cereal with or without milk for breakfast but if having milk doesn't cause you to exceed your calories or you're not avoiding it because of diabetes you really should enjoy your breakfast however you like and feel satisfied, it's not like you have to eat it everyday for every meal so live a little and don't forget to measure.
  • FinalOutrage
    Options
    The sugar in milk (which is called Lactose btw) is all-natural and since sugar is a carbohydrate, it'll just be broken down into energy that you can use. In the end I wouldn't sweat it.
  • Amy_Lee_2012
    Amy_Lee_2012 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I eat a bowl of cereal with a half glass of trim milk everyday. At first I worried about the sugar content in both the milk and cereal, but it hasn't caused any weight loss/gain problems for me.
    I used to drink whole milk, but I now drink trim milk. I honestly can't even tell a difference, so it works well for me :)
  • Sytera
    Sytera Posts: 75
    Options
    I love milk. I have skim on my cereal and then usualy a couple cups a day with meals. Since it is natural sugars, I don't even worry about them. The calcium and other nutrients are what matter to me.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a metabolic disorder like Diabetes that prevents you from processing sugar, then sugar doesn't matter. Unless you're lactose intolerant, then it could matter.
  • asunnysnowman
    asunnysnowman Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!