Reducing the amount of sugar in my diet....

Options
Recently, I've been eating much better, by including less fat and more protein in my diet, but my sugar levels are ALWAYS over.

Can sugar limit my weightloss, and if so, what can I do to reduce the amount of sugar I eat??

PS. I'm not cutting out honey in my oatmeal, because without it, the oatmeal tastes horrible. Also, Jacket potato and baked beans are the best option in the canteen.

Replies

• autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Bump...I have the same issue even though I have cut out almost all of my table sugar from coffee, etc. I still go over...UGH!!

Thanks for asking this!! :)

16043484.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    For my oatmeal I use a TBS of reduced fat peanut butter and a packet of Splenda! It's really good and helps with the taste, b/c I'm like you and can NOT do plain oatmeal! Also, dairy does contain quite a bit of sugar, you might look at finding lower sugar alternatives. My personal opinion is if the sugars are coming from natural sources (fruits and veggies) it is OK if you go over a bit, but if it is coming from baked goods that's when it should be an issue!
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm looking through your diary. Frankly, I don't see what the issue is. It seems to me you are over less than half of the time, and many of those days were when you had raisins. I wouldn't sweat it unless you think it's actually having a negative effect. It's just a number.

On the other hand, I am almost never over on my sugars, and almost always over on protien and fat. If I ate the amount of carbs recommended I would be constantly starving. From what I understand there are other people who, if they don't get their carbs, are constantly starving. I guess what I am saying is, those numbers are nice for analysis, but they may or may not be right for how your body handles food.