One year - 146.3 pounds lost (with photos)

Options

Replies

• empress360
    empress360 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    "I am healthier and happier than I have ever been in my entire life. And I know many of you won't believe this, but it wasn't even hard. It's all a mind game - knowing what I want and need, and knowing that I can accomplish anything as long as I've got it firmly in my head."

THESE ARE POWERFUL WORDS!!! Congrats to you!
  • heniko
    heniko Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    WOW very inspiring!
  • vikdexkaykai
    vikdexkaykai Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story!
    I've struggled with my weight all my life (I'm 30 now) and it got worse when I had kids (7 and 19 months), gaining 45 lbs each pregnancy but not taking the weight off from my first child until I had my second child (I know it was 6 years). I've started and fallen off the wagon sooooo many times I lost count.

So what's changed;
    I've finally admitted to myself that I'm addicted to food and pop and said it out load and freely admit it to people I talk to about weight loss. I also admitted to myself that I specifically love burgers and fries (McDonalds was my best friend). I love diet pop and would drink it all day long (breakfast too), but my meal would never be complete without something sweet after.

So I'm currently on day 7 of taking my life back. No more "starting" days. It's been a week since I last had pop (which is huge for me) and this past Saturday, July 7th, I found MFP. I think that it will help as my will power when it start to fizzle out so I plan when that happens, I will come on here and get some more motovation. I fing myself wanting to go for a walk in order to get to eat something. LOL. So I guess it's working so far. :wink:

I'm 5'8, 217 lbs (my highest was 272 when I was 9 months pregnant). I'm a pear shape and find it hard to lose the hips and butt!! :angry:
    I want to get to 160 lbs but I'll settle for 180 for now (an even shorter goal would be 200 lbs which was my pre-baby weight).

We'll see how it goes!

Take care everyone,
    Jenn :laugh:
  • bhawkins0617
    bhawkins0617 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Wow! Just wow! Amazing transformation!!
  • Casey2844
    Casey2844 Posts: 10
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!!
  • txatheart
    txatheart Posts: 1
    Options
    Amy you look good...You are an inspiration to all of us who would say I can't...I have tried so many things to lose and I finally realized it is a mindset and once I realized that, I can actually see a difference in me. Keep up the good work...I myself am a type 2 Diabetic but since I started myfitnesspal I feel so much better and haven't had any yoyo effects in my sugar levels. My prayers and thoughts with your Dad.
  • nanasgt
    nanasgt Posts: 33
    Options
    Read for future motivation!
  • speediejane
    speediejane Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration AMAZING:wink:
  • kepete
    kepete Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Awesome! No words seem adequate!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • meeky81
    meeky81 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    WOW WOW WOW!!! What a transformation!!! Congratulations!
  • YoYo1951
    YoYo1951 Posts: 370
    Options
    way to go, very inspirational too. Sometimes, it is hard, other, just another day. You have made your days count. Good for you. Keep up the journey:love:
  • mjsunshine16
    mjsunshine16 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What an inspiration
  • ajfc1971
    ajfc1971 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic - amazing awesome and many other words. You look so different. Cannot wait for the day that I can post pics so fab as them. You are an inspiration.
  • christ4life63
    christ4life63 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    WOW:happy: Im so proud of you... I need to be there as well, Keep up the good work and Thank you for sharing the pictures:flowerforyou:
    Have a Bless week:smile:
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    you look incredible and SO fit!
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    To 4milesat40:

And you did all this impressive work without resorting to extreme measures. You are as successful as the people on those TV shows, like Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition, and others. You have much to give yourself credit for, because it started by getting it right in your mind.

Congratulations!
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    U ROCK =)
  • ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Totally Inspiring. You look wonderful, and your confidence in your new self is great!
  • czuniga03
    czuniga03 Posts: 99
    Options
    Amazing..Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!