Tall guy lookin to lose

j4nash
j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
weight! I'm 6'11", 305 now. Looking to get to around 240. Just wanted to say hello!!

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Wow! You ARE tall!! :laugh:

Welcome and good luck! I know you will reach your goal!!!

:happy:
    -Tami
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Holy crud
    Now that is TALL.....nothing wrong with that :wink:

Welcome and good luck
    See ya on the boards..Kim
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    You came to the right place-- welcome!
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Welcome tothe family.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. I do. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • j4nash
    Thanks everyone, seems like a lot of good progress by a lot of people on the site. I made an excel spreadsheet to start tracking everything and then someone told me about this site. Much easier and very cool!
  • bagaydina
    bagaydina Posts: 46
    welcome!!!
  • j4nash
    still workin at it, workin out twice a day 6 days a week and once on the 7th. woot!
  • bonkers5975
    bonkers5975 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Wow. I am not easily impressed by height, as I am the shortest member of my family at 5'10"! My dad is 6'7". But that is amazing. What is a healthy weight for someone of your height? I'm thinking you likely don't have too far to go?

Best of luck!
  • j4nash
    Wow. I am not easily impressed by height, as I am the shortest member of my family at 5'10"! My dad is 6'7". But that is amazing. What is a healthy weight for someone of your height? I'm thinking you likely don't have too far to go?

Best of luck!

244 is ideal. I have high blood pressure so I'm lookin to get down in the 240's. I haven't been that weight since I was 17. I started having hypertension when I started gaining in my 20's so I figured it would be worth a shot. I just need to stick with it and I am doing so by eating more than I have before when trying to lose weight. The lifestyle just wasn't sustainable for me eating too few calories.
  • Phera
    Phera Posts: 269 Member
    Heh. I read that as 6'1" initially and thought....yeah and?.. but yes 6'11" is very tall. Since you said you have hypertension you may be interested in a little button at the bottom of the food entry page that gives you a full report of the foods you've entered for the day. I didn't find it until last week but I noticed that it also gives me sodium intake and other useful info besides calories if you're trying to lower blood pressure.
  • AllenMom4
    AllenMom4 Posts: 294 Member
    Welcome and Good luck to you! WElcome to the MFP Family :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.