Just for the Girlies.

Options
I'm starting my period this week and it's usually the worst thing ever.

I sit on the couch watching things like Titanic and just feel depressed.

What do you guys do to stay motivated during that stupid time?

Replies

• NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I watch LOTS of "Seinfeld"......and laugh away the cramps. Xoxoxo
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I think it's more of your frame of mind. You're already viewing it as a negative. Just ignore it. Do what you normally do. Or make a point of doing more fun things while it's that TOM. Go for a hike, plan a picnic, do something. Apparently exercise helps - though I hate exercising during that time.
  • heleflump
    heleflump Posts: 57
    Options
    I find it's a good time to write letters of complaints about poor service, inadequate products etc - it is an excellent time to become "assertive"!!

Alternativel, hot water bottle, hot chocolate and scented baths. All the best.x
  • DMGarcia2025
    Options
    I continue to exercise as it helps to keep my monthly negative "attitude" to a minimum. No one likes to exercise during that time but it also helps with cramps.

If you don't want to do anything high impact just go for a long brisk walk especially during the heavier days and then you can eat a little more too. During the first few days I am extra hungry and am happy when I've earned a few extra calories to eat!
  • movn4ward
    movn4ward Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    No weighing in!!! As most people said, I attempt to keep my momentum going. Staying focused and getting out of the house more, so I do not get sucked into a depression mode. I also make an extra effort to dress up more (I actually have specific outfits I wear because I get the worst water retention ever), the better I look the better I feel. Try comedy instead of things that will make you cry or depressed.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I continue to exercise as it helps to keep my monthly negative "attitude" to a minimum. No one likes to exercise during that time but it also helps with cramps.

If you don't want to do anything high impact just go for a long brisk walk especially during the heavier days and then you can eat a little more too. During the first few days I am extra hungry and am happy when I've earned a few extra calories to eat!

Yes! I woke up with horrible cramps at 6am on Saturday morning. Instead of staying in bed feeling miserable I got up, popped some ibuprofen, grabbed my camera, and went for a walk. It ended up being a 4-hour walk and I felt great afterward.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I have a problem with feeling depressed too. Even if nothings wrong, I always find something to be overly emotional about. I always want to sleep and eat as well. I never feel full! This usually happens right before my period. On my period, I usually feel exhausted, but am usually in an exceptionally good mood (despite some pain). There is a downside though. I am very irritable. My mood can change with the tiniest of things, but it doesn't last long and I'm back to being happy.

There really isnt a cure for me. I just have to know that its because of PMS and that it will only last a few days. The eating part is the hardest.