anyone gotten sick from drinking water on an empty stomach?

Options
Thought I was off to a great start today with water first thing and then a shake but I actually got violently sick! Has anyone else ever had that happen ( I think it's because of water on an empty stomach?) Either that or I'm pregnant! lol:blushing:

Replies

• LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Can't say I've ever had that happen. Could it be the shake and not the water? I've had water 1st thing in the morning all the time, on an empty stomach, and not had anything bad happen.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Make sure not to guzzle, keep it warm and limit it to a cup (or less) until you get something else in your stomach.

I've never been violently ill from water but there are times I've felt nauseous if I'm not careful. These days I only drink about 1 cup max when I get up and it's pretty warm from sitting on the counter all night. What I do is fill a glass that's about 2 cups worth right before I go to bed. I have a few sips before I go to sleep then have a little more when I get up in the middle of the night to pee and then I drink whatever's left when I wake up in the morning.
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Yes! I got very ill one day after downing a bunch of wter on an empty stomach, I learned my lesson!
  • Tall_E
    Tall_E Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing as NayShel and it works great. I have gotten nauseous drinking water on an empty stomach when I've drunk it too fast and/or when I have a lot of gas. The water displaces the gas and...
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Several people in my family are that way. They have to wait a while, or at the most drink just little sips at first.
  • grumpya
    grumpya Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    yep me too. Too much liquid just doesn't stay put in my experience. I can't drink during the night cos I will wake up feeling like I want to be sick
  • SilentRenegade
    SilentRenegade Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have to be careful with water. Sometimes I'll chug it and not realize I haven't eaten in a while, and then I'll feel very nauseous. Luckily, as long as I sit down and relax that feeling will go away, but I do try to be careful... it happens a LOT when I'm driving.
  • katydid25
    katydid25 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    It happens almost every time I wake up hung over :)
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Guess it depends on the water too.
    I'm lucky as I live in the city with the best tap water in the world.
    Can chug water thru the nite and first thing in the am.
  • trirish32
    trirish32 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This happened to me this morning after drinking 750mls if water! I think i went to fast becasue i can usually handle water on an empty stomach. I well definitly go slower next time