Exercise Calories

Options
I've been on site for two days but have a question. Should you use the exercise calories? If I do will i still be able to achieve my weekly weight loss goal?
Thanks in advance!!!

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    Yes you should. What appens when you don't is your body creates a bigger defict. you maqy lose weight easier but energy and body nutrition is compromized....while saying that most people don't see the forest for the trees and will not eat back their exercise calories, which begs the question, why even try to use an online weight loss calculator.
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Lots of people eat them all back, lots of people eat only a portion of them back, and lots of people don't eat any of them back. Whatever works best for you.

I usually eat about half (or so) of mine back because I don't have a Heart Rate Monitor that can track exactly what I'm burning with high accuracy, and it seems that many of the calorie burn calculators out there give very high estimates.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    You'll find the answer here. :smile: http://shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com/
  • amsaunders0313
    Options
    Thanks to everyone!! I read the link rachmox and it explained it. Gives me more motivation to exercise!:happy:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone!! I read the link rachmox and it explained it. Gives me more motivation to exercise!:happy:

I spent my entire day Thursday reading the links that the links linked to, and the links inside those posts. I think I need a 12 step program for MFP!