Creatine Monohydrate

Options
msarro
msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
Just curious - I've been reading about creatine mono and noticed that it causes muscles to swell. Is this from a build up of water? How much weight would it cause to be retained? I ask because my protein powder has some in it, and while I've definately noticed more pronounced muscles, I don't think I use enough for the creatine to really be affecting me that much (I use it namely to supplement my daily intake and make up for the protein I don't get from meat). I'm not really worried about the muscle weight, but I'd like to know if my new slowdown could be related.

Replies

• msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    it is water storage in the muscles................my bf had alot of success with it but certainly not to overuse as you can look puffy. There is some good info on Muscle & Fitness about the newer versions they have which have more balance than the older styles.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Creatine will add some water weight. You can't dispute it's results though.

When it was first introduced, I got steroid-like results on my bench press in a 4 week period my mixing plain EAS creatine with grape juice. I think my body adapted to it eventually.