What's your fav way to cook sweet potatoes?

Options
2»

Replies

• TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    mmklinemm, that sounds divine! I'm definitely going to have to try that recipe out
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    My favorite way? Or my favorite HEALTHY way? LOL I'll go with the healthy version.

Bake/microwave sweet potato until soft, then top it with:
    1 Tbsp olive oil spread
    A sprinkle of cinnamon
    1/4 c. crushed pineapple
    1 Tbsp chopped walnuts

...and VOILA! You have a hawaiian style baked sweet potato. YUM!

P.S. You can heat the pineapple a little first. Sometimes it tastes better that way.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Kumara and Corn Fritters

Fritters like your mother used to make – not! These fritters wouldn’t be out of place on a café menu – serve with bacon, grilled tomatoes and call it breakfast, or lunch, or dinner!

Ingredients
    410g can Watties Cream Style Corn
    2 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger
    2 Tbsp chopped fresh herbs (thyme or chives are great here)
    1/2 cup self raising flour
    1/4 cup milk
    1/2 cup roughly mashed cooked cold kumara
    1 egg, separated
    butter or oil for pan frying

Method

1. In a bowl mix together the Wattie's Cream Style Corn , ginger, herbs, self raising flour, milk, mashed kumara and egg yolk.

2. In a clean bowl beat the egg white until stiff. Fold the egg white and kumara into the mixture.

3. Heat a little butter or oil in a non-stick frying pan (the butter helps to crispen the outside) and cook large spoonfuls over a low to moderate heat for about 3 minutes each side.

Serve with crispy grilled rashers of bacon, grilled tomatoes and a drizzle of golden syrup.
  • Wendy_F
    Wendy_F Posts: 26
    Options
    Cut them into thick fries, rub them with a litte olive oil, lay them in a single layer on an aluminum cookie sheet, sprinkle with steak seasoning, grill on the cookie sheet low and slow until you are able to smoosh one with your finger. My goodness they are heavenly!
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Morgan803
    Morgan803 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Sounds kind of weird but i wrap them in a moist paper towel microwave for 10 minutes peal off the skin and top it with lowfat cottage cheese, its amazinggg!