Nervous...Family coming to visit

Options
I am so nervous about my family coming to visit us, I don't want to fall off of my routine and my calorie plan, but it is so hard. My family likes to eat good and doesn't really worry about there food intake, I also don't want to stop working out just cause they are visiting. If anyone has any advice it would greatly appreciated.

Replies

• dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    If you don't want to stop working out and eating healthy, then don't. There is no rule that says you have to eat like crap just because there are other people around you and they want to eat like crap. Schedule your workouts for a time when they will be elsewhere, like first thing in the morning. The benefit will be two-fold... you get your work out in, and you also know exactly how many calories you can eat for the day including your exercise calories. And as for food, there's tons of "good food" that is still reasonable. Grill up some chicken breasts and sliced vegetables (they make grill pans that make this pretty easy) or kabobs. Find some traditional family recipes and make them healthier (cookinglight.com will have some good recipes for you). It can be done! Where there's a will, there's a way, right? And think about how proud you will be of yourself when you've made it through their visit with your will power intact.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I find that with people around it is easier to workout early in the morning. That way you don't have to figure out how to fit it in later in the day.

For food, we tend to go out to eat a lot with people visiting. I therefore never order anything but water to drink and work on portion control. I will either offer to share a plate or I don't mind bringing leftovers home. I go on websites ahead of time, when possible, and make smart choices for what to eat before I even go.

That's what I do.
  • angguad0406
    angguad0406 Posts: 11
    Options
    find that with people around it is easier to workout early in the morning. That way you don't have to figure out how to fit it in later in the day.

For food, we tend to go out to eat a lot with people visiting. I therefore never order anything but water to drink and work on portion control. I will either offer to share a plate or I don't mind bringing leftovers home. I go on websites ahead of time, when possible, and make smart choices for what to eat before I even go.

That's what I do.

That is some good useful advise...thanks so much! I love working out in the morning cause it is the time I have most energy, weird.