Off the Wagon

Options
I joined MFP a while ago and did really well for a while. Recently, however, I have fallen off the wagon and am now just sitting in the road, trying to figure out how to at least get moving again. I'm not eating right, I'm not exercising as often as I know I should and, consequently, I am gaining weight. Ironically, I attribute my severe loss of drive to the fact that I have so much free time. Without a bunch of requirements placed on me from work and school, I'm languishing and I don't know how to get back on my feet and get moving again. My fitness and my schoolwork (what little I do have) are both starting to suffer. Do you have any advice for me?

Replies

• Jovette42
    Jovette42 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Start back tomorrow and take it ONE day at a time ;-)
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Pick yourself up.
    Dust yourself off.
    And start all over again!
  • missigus
    missigus Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    If I need a little kick start,some of the things that get me going are little things that will help me in my journey. I will sometimes buy some new socks that look awesome to work out in or cozy to wear after my work out as a reward. I'll set them out so I see them. I'll pick up a fitness magazine and read it and put a photo from it on my fridge, I will look up a new low calorie recipe and give it a go. These are all things that are rewarding to me. I love to read, I love little comfy things, and I love to try new foods. You have to find things that are rewarding to you, and tailor those to your journey to keep you motivated and looking forward. We all fall down, but it's important you get up. So much of this is about attitude. I know you can do it, find little things you love and make them rewards for your efforts, those little things help attitude a lot! Good Luck.