What do you eat with your bread?

Options
Bobafad
Bobafad Posts: 12 Member
I have been eating a lot of cheese lately, I don't know why, but when I think about what to go with my bread I only think of cheese or cheese cream. I really need help from you guys to find something else. What do you normally eat with your bread?
It's getting quite boring and my Sat Fat levels are always up the scale.

Replies

• shalinimunjal
    shalinimunjal Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hummus or avocado
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Cheese, butter, Nutella, jam... that probably wasn't helpful.
  • AnnaMaus
    AnnaMaus Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Olive oil. Sesame oil. Tahini. Avocado. Balsamic vinegar. Cashew butter. Even Smart Balance Light, occasionally. Try moving away from animal fats.
  • desirae500
    desirae500 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    natural peanut butter, cashew butter, almond butter, hummus, small amount of butter or cream cheese!
  • schmoozie26
    schmoozie26 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter (Natural or Homemade)
    Ham & Eggs
    Turkey
  • sjbutterfield
    Options
    For the extra Omega-3s I eat one can of brisling sardines packed in olive oil with one piece of 100% wheat bread.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I don't really eat a whole lot of bread anymore.

When I do, it's usually a peanut butter and banana sandwich.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, olive oil with a little salt and pepper, lovely!
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    peanut butter, tuna, almond butter, turkey and veggies. Veggies and cheese sandwich is good, cheddar with tomato, red onion, and lettuce, add some honey mustard or lite mayo with garlic seasoning.
  • dandy_girl
    dandy_girl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Lean out your peanut butter with plain yogurt (and a drizzle of honey, if you need). 1Tablespoon PB to 3Tablespoons of yogurt. It's yummy, and much healthier than equal portions of PB!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    The list is long.
  • angelasmith230
    angelasmith230 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I mash a quarter to a half of an avocado with a fork and mix in a little sea salt and put it on toast as a treat sometimes... it's really good. :smile:
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    PB
  • enchantedbunny
    Options
    You could find some good olive oil and vinegar to keep things interesting. We got a few bottles from Global Gardens -- meyer lemon olive oil and peach balsamic vinegar. They're located near Santa Barbara, CA so we drove to their storefront (and $5/person tastings!), but they and stores like them will usually have online ordering and ship to US addresses.
  • Bobafad
    Bobafad Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You blew my mind guys! :D
    Peanut butter is pretty popular uh?! I guess I'll give it a try!
    And Olive Oil, that's genial! I'm so going to try that one too!
  • jennys11
    jennys11 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    1. Hummus and cucumbers
    2. Bananas and peanut butters
    3. Apples and peanut butter
    4. Vegan Cream cheese
    5. Vegan butter
  • aldousmom
    aldousmom Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I only have bread rarely, and when I do I have PB on 100% whole wheat. For sandwiches, i will have hummus, tomato and lettuce or spinach.
  • Kylieikerd
    Options
    Spray butter with ZERO calories. It's the nectar of Gods!
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    I have been eating a lot of cheese lately, I don't know why, but when I think about what to go with my bread I only think of cheese or cheese cream. I really need help from you guys to find something else. What do you normally eat with your bread?
    It's getting quite boring and my Sat Fat levels are always up the scale.

I don't care for bread. I eat peanut butter on whole grain crackers sometimes.
  • mauryr
    mauryr Posts: 385
    Options
    Don't eat bread, except when dining out. Then, it's olive oil and vinegar. Unless there's a burger between two pieces of bread-like stuff, of course.