Help or advice please!!!

Options
Ok so I have been eating healthy and working out since January and have lost 18 pounds. (Woo Hoo) I decided to up my calories last week to possibly jump start my weight loss. Now I know this weekend I didn't eat the best but even through out the week I didn't really drop any weight. I am pretty much stuck at the same weight right now and I am confused or rather disappointed. I did incorporate some weights this week which is new for me. I don't really know what I am asking maybe just looking for encouragement that I am not doing something wrong. I have over 100 pounds to lose so I think I should be dropping more weight than I am. Any help or encouragement would be good. Thanks.:wink:

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,058 Member
    Options
    You may have raised your calories in theory, but you haven't started eating them yet. In the last five days, you've left a couple thousand uneaten calories.

The other thing, you have zero fruits or veggies in the last five days. You cannot get the nutrients your body needs by undereating and eating only breads, meats and cheeses.
  • arkansascountrygirl
    arkansascountrygirl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    in 1996 I have been on this weight loss journey. I weighed close to 300 pounds. I am at 190 pounds. first it takes our body time to adjust especially with changing our eating and exersizing habits. I went from undereating and starving my body from enough calories to eating small mini meals and healthy snacks in between. It took me quite awhile to see results. I went from being really lazy not exersizing to exersizing 6 days a week. my body was not sure how to adjust to it. one of my friends told me not to worry so much about what the scale says because they can be deceiving. but maybe measure yourself by inches and by how your clothes feel. if I do feel the need to weigh to do it when my clothes feel looser. you will know you lost something. know to that slow and steady keeps the weight off. when we lose a bunch of weight really quickly 9 times out of 10 you gain back. just keep doing what you are doing. give your body time to adjust to the new changes. I will be glad to help encourage you along.