Need to lose weight, but have no motivation

Options
2»

Replies

• JulsiePie
    JulsiePie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    The original post was over 2 years ago......I don't think the OP is still active....

But I hope everyone finds their motivation! :)
  • Tinapopo
    Tinapopo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I would like to be friends with you I like your post
  • Tinapopo
    Options
    I seen your post you can add me I like what you said
  • Tinapopo
    Options
    I would like to be friends add me if you want the more friends the better
  • Tinapopo
    Options
    I would like to be friends add me
  • Tinapopo
    Options
    I would like to be friends
  • diane1970ftw
    Options
    I am new to this and I am in need of motivation. I have struggled all my life with my weight. I am a 43 year old mom of 3 beautiful children. My husband is great, but he doesn't care if I am a size 3 or 23. I have diabetes and am on meds for it. I am looking for friends going through or have gone through what I am. Will power I do NOT have. I go through depression at times and that is when I just want to eat . Always looking for new friends :)
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I cannot motivate myself going to the gym and dieting. There! I said it! LOL. My motivation to get in shape and eat right, not over, is all mental "tricks" I play on myself. Geez, this is going to sound silly. I'm an intermediate Martial Arts student. My fantasy is to get in to "fighting shape". I am planning on going to a few tournaments, and such, but I'll never actually become a "fighter", I'm too old! Plus, I really wouldn't want to get brain damage. Still, I have this mentality when I *sigh* weigh my food, lift weights with the DH (boring!) and do the eliptical thingy while training in MA 5x's a week! It's goofy but it works!

You can do this with any type of activity that interests you. I know women who do Latin dancing with a whole closet full of these dresses and shoes that motivate them to eat right and dance, dance, & dance some more! It's fun to have a goal you love rather than the grind at the gym. Unless you like the workouts and are "training" to be an instructor someday! Heck, it might even happen!
  • chubbymama2013
    chubbymama2013 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is lucy and ive been trying to lose weight for sometime nowbi need as juch motivation I can get I need friend who always log in and keep up with this becausevim just tiredbof living this life style I wake up everyday wanting to change my body but for some reason I can not stay motivated plz feel free to add me the more friends the beter motivation.
  • justdoit1106
    justdoit1106 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The original post was over 2 years ago......I don't think the OP is still active....

But I hope everyone finds their motivation! :)

Classic!
  • kdillson70
    Options
    My advice stop making excuses and get off your butt.

Tough Love! Sometimes we all need a kick in the pants to get us going! The best motivation is to stop making excuses and just do it. Go for a walk, log EVERYTHING you eat. Maybe seeing your exercise and food diary in black and white will help.

Good Luck!
  • dutchern
    Options
    I have struggled with my weight since I was in 6th grade. I went on a healthy low fat diet when I was in 7th grade and lost weight and I felt great! Being that young though my mom bought and prepared my food so temptation wasn't necessarily there. In high school I played sports so I could almost eat whatever I wanted and not gain an ounce. Then I went to college and it all changed, temptations were everywhere and that's really where the struggle began. Funny thing was I graduated with a degree in nutrition. I know how to lose weight, eat correctly, portion control but my probably is motivation and saying no to temptation. It doesn't help that I'm 5 ft tall and if you gain a few pounds you have no where to hide it. Now I'm in my early 30s and the metabolism is drastically slowing too. I wish something would just click and I'd be able to fully take control again. I hate how I look but still have problems motivating myself to do anything. My friend once told me that food never tastes as good as skinny feels, which helps but just not enough. I'm struggling and need help.
  • Butterflys
    Butterflys Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Motivation is not the key... dedication and commitment are… if you don’t have those all the motivation in the world will not help you..
  • Butterflys
    Butterflys Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is really Good commitment and dedication I really like that i get what your saying totally and Thanks for posting it has got me thinking and about to do some much needed exercise
  • lachco
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this as well. I am so demotivated and really need to lose weight. I'm 62 and a couple of years ago lost a lot of weight doing the Dukan diet - but found it hard as I am not really a meat eater but really liked the way I felt and looked. Got bogged down again in work and home problems and now I've put it all back on again and feeling awful about myself. I decided today while reading all the other blogs that I need to be like the NIKE label just do it but how.

I work and don't really have a lunch time - just keep working and eating at the desk so I find it really hard to keep my food diary intact so I am going to write it in a diary and load my fitbit one when I get home at night - and try and take a lunch time - so I can at least get up from my desk and walk. I think I will have to change the way I do things so I get some exercise in. I get up at 5.00am to commute to work - about 1hr and half each way and get home about 7.00pm - and just want to plop down - like I said no motivation - I'm always looking for the quick fix but I guess I really need to do the slow and steady pace. I'm rambling - I need to take KDilson's advice - STOP MAKING EXCUSES AND GET OFF MY BUTT
  • Shokei
    Shokei Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. 16718172.png
  • lafilledelarue
    lafilledelarue Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    HI Ssiren. You can do this. I'm going to send you a private MFP email to tell you a little about how I've lost nearly 30 pounds and kept it off for the past 6 months without starving myself or over-exercising. Hope you will feel encouraged.
  • Ludka13
    Ludka13 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is 80% diet. So even if you can't exercise you can lose weight. But don't fad diet. Eat what you like but do portion control and look for lower calorie substitutions. Get a food scale and measure out your portions. Eat more protein and veggies so that you feel full longer. Don't drink your calories, they're not as satisfying that way.