lets try this again

Options
Manapaws
Manapaws Posts: 72 Member
Well since my shoulder surgery on Oct 27th I have put on 30 lbs, which sucks. I need to get my self back on track, CANNOT DO ANY LIFTING JUST CARDIO. Starting from scratch all over again. I made a decession that today will be that day to watch my eating habits and at least walk.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    Good luck, welcome back. . . you can totally lose weight through diet alone; even if it isn't the best way. Adding the walking is great.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me to your friends list if you like. I'm on here almost every day and I try to keep my comments positive, but I'll also point it out if you're falling off the wagon (in a nice way, unless of course you prefer sarcasm -- I can do that too!).

Good luck with your recovery and with your weight loss goals.

Oh... and you can do lunges and squats with body weight... that's good resistance training for BIG muscle groups that'll help you burn calories and get your metabolism going. If you're worried about balance, start with wall squats... they are pretty easy to do without falling over (seriously... the first rule of shoulder rehab is to stay upright!). You should be able to do some ab and back work with body work too.

One of the doctors I work with always tells his patients that the best exercise after surgery is "push aways"... as in push away from the table :-) Luckily, you've got MFP to help with the calorie intake! Welcome back!

All the best,
    Jen