Need help please!

Options
I have been tracking calories and trying to work in exercise as much as possible for months now and haven't lost any weight. My cousin just got engaged and asked me to be in the wedding. I really want to lose twenty pounds by July, what do you suggest that I do to actually start losing? Apparently I have damaged my metabolism over the years or something because I have tried eating less and eating more and nothing seems to work. Any help would be appreciated!

Replies

• IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    You have to stop "trying" and DO IT.

Eat less, exercise more. The end. That's how you lose weight. It's basically about calories in versus calories out.

20lbs by July is VERY VERY do-able. Eat 1200 lean, low sugar calories net daily. Cut alcohol (at least until the wedding). Work out for an hour 5-6 days a week. That's what I did, and I'm down 30 in less than 3 months.
  • mommanurse33
    mommanurse33 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    If you are working out and watching what you eat, try keeping track of measurements. Maybe you are losing inches, not necessarily pounds. :smile:
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Just do it!

Try adding weight training or body weight training into your exercise routine. It can do wonders in a really short time! Heavy lifting does an amazing body transformation in just a couple months! I have found yoga can do the same! It has for me anyway. Combined with healthy eating and lots of water, you should be able to melt those pounds away!
  • amandafranks32
    amandafranks32 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! Y'all are right, I just need to work harder and I'll defiantly try some strength training, I keep seeing so many good things about it! I guess my biggest problem is not being consistent enough.