Motivation resurrection needed!!

Options
I have been here exactly two months today, bang zoom as fast as you can say chocolate cake I lost 18 pounds, now I am on a plateau for two weeks not an ounce! actually going up and down a pound or two in that time. It seems like when I drink Diet soda, my weight goes back up, I know about the salt and water retention, but gotta do it once in a while. How to get over the hump and start losing again is the thing. I'm down to 1240 calories a day, while watching hubby eat 2460! he is taller and bigger so I guess I lose! Save me from giving up!! I am frustrated! Going back into the bigger size clothes box, is not an option!

Replies

• aprilfit
    aprilfit Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. Stay Focussed on your success. 18 pounds is fantastic.

I have an eating plan I use for 1 or 2 weeks to help shock me out of a plateau.
    I call it "The No diet".

no sugar
    no wheat
    no dairy
    no red meat
    no alcohol
    no fried food
    no added salt

It's was really challenging.
    I stayed on it once for 3 months and I lost 20 pounds ( and I wasn't even working out).
    I actually felt pretty good but it wasn't sustainable for me.
    I use it now and then just to get a jump start on things.
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    do you still do the calorie count? 1240 calories without all that would be hard to eat.
  • easy2lov3
    easy2lov3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    DONT GIVE UP!!! I know how you feel honey, I have been there in the past. Try not to stress it that much becuase when you give to much thought to it, it gets harder (atleast for me it was like that). Yea you dont have as many calories to consume as your husband but you can work with them girl. if you need the extra 200 calories then work out alittle harder to earn them, its a give and take situation.

Best of luck, i know you will get through this!:drinker: