weight changes, fast?

Options
My weight will change between 10-15 lbs up or down in 1-3 days. My diet doesn't change much nor does the degree of excercises. I do not understand why the weight changes so much and so fast. Any one have a clue what is going on?

Replies

• itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    10-15 pounds is a lot.

Do you weight at the same time of day every day? With the same amount of clothes on? With your scale in the same room in the same spot?

If your answers to these questions are yes, your scale might be inaccurate. I don't think 10-15 pounds can be explained by water weight etc.
  • ann2012evans
    Options
    I know i almost always wear the same cloths when weighing myself and I always take off my house shoes. The scales I am pretty sure they are in the same place but I do have kids so they could scoot it around a little this way or that and I might not notice. I have a Health Monitor- Digital Number scales....have you heard anything about the brand Health monitor? Thanks for replying.
  • FlynnMacCallister
    FlynnMacCallister Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Weighing at the same time of day is really important. I get a variation of about 2 kg (on 65 kg) over the course of the day depending on what I've eaten before weighing, how much water I've had, bowel movements, etc. However, a variation of ~6 kg seems excessive....? I'd bet that the kids are playing with the scales or something. Make sure they're dead level when you step on them, and try to keep your feet an even distance from the center and balance your weight equally on both -- but again, shifting my weight only upsets my scales by up to 500 g.

It might be worth trying some new scales. If you don't want to buy new ones until you're sure, swap 'em with a friend or something.
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Check under the scale to see if there is a bit of something throwing it off. I had a chunk of kitty kibble under mine and it was doing some screwy things.
  • tuck1jl
    tuck1jl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Do you have any swelling in your legs or lower body? A lot of times weight changes that drastic can be from edema which is swelling in your lower extremities. if it isn't problems with your scale you might want to check with a doctor just to be safe.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    4 or 5 pounds of fluctuation is normal, 10-15 is insane. Check your scale batteries or something.