New to MFP...

Options
Hi! I'm a current college student who has been struggling with my weight and fitness for years. I've had several orthopedic issues that have kept me from exercising. To an extent, they still limit my ability to work out the way I want to. I used to be very athletic before my body was falling apart and I've recently joined a sports team on campus to try to keep up my motivation.

I'm 5 ft, 8.5 inches and currently weight 235 pounds. I want to get back down to at most 150. I'm going to be having another knee surgery in July which will keep my activity limited for 10 weeks or so. I'd really like to be at 180 lbs by my surgery date - I know it will make things easier and I really want to see my surgeon's face when I tell him I'm finally under 200 lbs for the first time in years.

Still, I'm already facing difficulties with my diet and exercise. I live on campus and am required to use a campus meal plan (mine is all money that I can use on any food available on campus) and have ZERO access to a kitchen. Even our "healthy" options on campus are easily 700 calorie meals with a lot of sauces and things I don't need. Going to the convenience store is okay - but it is highly limited by the high mark-ups and small selection. Suggestions appreciated.

I'm just looking for some support and suggestions - I really want to reach my goal.

Replies