Also returning...after giving up...:-(

Options
I have been a member of this site for some time now, but I guess I gave up. I haven't made any entries for over 6 months and I'm ready for a fresh start.

I am 23 years old and very unhappy with my weight. I know that I can do it, but my problem is following through. I am hopeful that this time around I'll be able to reach my goal.

Replies

• Tofuheart
    Tofuheart Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! It's great you have returned. I've been in the same situation more than a few times. I recently joined and people have been so kind and helpful it keeps me on track when I feel like quitting. You can do this! :smile:
  • Alafia22
    Alafia22 Posts: 112
    Options
    Aww, Tofuheart...thank you soo much. It means alot to me to know that there are people out there that can relate to my situation.
  • Jenzi07
    Jenzi07 Posts: 3
    Options
    I know it's hard to stay on track everyday but, I keep this saying on my fridge,

" The secret of your future is hidden in your daily routine"

You may interperet it however you like, but for me it means that I must move toward my goals each day. I can not fail or my future will be just like my past. I want to be surprised about where and how my life will go. If I achieve the goals I have set for myself then anything is possible in my future. I hope this helps you.
  • RXchic
    RXchic Posts: 47
    Options
    We all fall off the wagon from time to time. Try to think of it an another opportunity to succeed. And remember, today is a brand new day!:happy:
    Welcome back, you can do this!:flowerforyou:
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    Welcome back! Just remember that you cannot fail until you give up!

Try starting out making one change a week and start with whatever comes easiest to you. Add another change on top of it each week after you've mastered your previous one. For me it was journaling with weighing and measuring, then exercise and then water intake. I'm still working on maintaining the exercise and increasing the water.

I am what you call a Weight Watchers drop-out. I would join and be hyped and pumped and do it ALL and do it all PERFECT! But with the first slip up, I was down for the count. One night of pizza would turn into four months of skipping weigh-ins and packing on the extra pounds. I am already having more success with this website than ever before. Maybe because I'm attached to my computer or maybe because the people here are incredibly supportive... or maybe it's the simple format of the website. Whatever it is, it's working for me and I know you can make it work for you. I wish you the best and many days of motivation! :flowerforyou:
  • Alafia22
    Alafia22 Posts: 112
    Options
    WOW! I woke up this morning, ate my hot cereal (I usually skip), took my vitamins and logged my first meal of the day. I never expected such an outpouring of support from everyone. Thank you soo much. Yesterday was a good day and I feel motivated to make today even better. Thank you for the words of encouragement.

A wise man once said the journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step. As long as I track daily milestones, I'll be able to get where I want to be without the entire journey overwhelming me.

Thank you all again!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Welcome back :flowerforyou:
  • heatherboles79
    Options
    Welcome back. you are here and that is the first and most important thing! i am so inspired seeing all of these wonderful faces and successes here.