170 Short mamas...tell me your story

Options
DeniseB0711
DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
I have sreiously been stuck for the past 3 years at the same weight. I fluctuate somewhere between 4 and 5 pounds around 170. I want to read the stories of women who simlar to myself who started out weighing in the 170's and was able to reach their goal.
What did you do?

Denise

Replies

• mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" - I started at 165, I'm 120 or so now. I was a size 12 to start and a size 0 now. I started a little different than most - I focused on my health first - I got my thyroid checked, then treated my adrenal fatigue and balanced my hormones. At the same time I started the diet - Fat Flush Plan with Dr. Ann Louise Gittleman, I lost about 25 lbs, started exercising and getting fit. After my marathon, I had only been running 8 months - I lost 10 more lbs to about 130, I was stuck there a year, continued to train for half marathons - and had a hysterectomy in June of last year. After that - I balanced my hormones again from post surgery, rebalanced my thyroid - started a different fitness program, continued to run - and in October of this year reached what I weighed when I got married 118. I now bounce between 118 and 122 depending on the day of the week. I am now training for another marathon - maintaining a size 2 and 15% body fat. I had to think out of the box to get my health in line. It worked for me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!