your favorite protein bars

Options
2»

Replies

• Nyeemwong
    Nyeemwong Posts: 19
    Options
    Clif bars are definitely filling, tasty, and very popular. However, it's pretty high in carbohydrates as well as calorie content.

Luna bars are also tasty, filling, in different flavours and have organic ingredients. Best yet, they're only 180 calories. Very healthy! Downside to them is that they might be too sweet for some people and it's a bit too pricey if consumed on a regular basis.

Pure protein bars are high in protein (as the name suggests), really (and i mean REALLY) chewy, and fills you up. It's also sold at a decent price for a regular consumer. Thing is, though, it might leave a bad taste afterwards and it does have a bit of a chalky taste to it. It might also be too sweet for some people. As opposed to the other two, the bar contains artificial ingredients.

Hope this helped! :)
  • amhx4
    amhx4 Posts: 1
    Options
    I participate with the HMR program. They have really great bars at 160 each. We just discussed them today, and everyone agreed these are best. They are a little pricey, but if you use them as a quick answer for hunger a few times a week; they are great. I love the peanut butter; the honey graham is awesome too! You can buy them online if you aren't in the program I believe.
  • LadyConundra
    LadyConundra Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Lara bars are the best, natural, no added crap. Perfect for the paleo eaters out there. :)
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    i make my own!!you can find recipies online. I always am cooking all the protein bars on here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-recipes-main-page.html

this way i know exactly whats in them and that there is good quality protein in them! to lessen the carbs i will put less flour and more protein powder. they are delicious =)

Cool site! Thanks for this link!
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    i really like protein bars but either they have way too much calories or way too much carbs i want a balanced bar i can eat feel full but not have it be outrageously unhealthy any ideas?

What is 'way too much calories' or 'way too much carbs' in numbers for you? Are you talking 100 cals? I usually won't bother with anything under 300 personally- just makes me more hungry.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are one of the cleanest bars and they are my absolute favorite in taste than any other protein bars. The all natural line has no sugar alcohols or sugar and the fiber is really high so few net carbs. Brownie and chocolate peanut butter are my favorites. They range from 160-210 calories.
    I also like supreme protein bars.
  • mbts08
    mbts08 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Quest!
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Fiber one oats and peanut butter bar!
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    nature valley makes a protein bar you can get in the grocery store right next to the granola bars. I eat them for breakfast because they have 190 cal, 14 gram of carb, 10g protein. aka I can eat them because they are diabetic friendly while many of the more expensive protein bars have way too many carbs for me.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Just started using protein bars, too! I like Luna and Pure Protein :D
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I make my own. I have discovered that granola and protein bars inevitable are high in sugar or fat, since you need honey, peanut butter, or agave syrup as a binding agent.

I have made these, and I eat them as meal bars. The calories come out to about 350 a bar (the way I cut them, anyway) but it's like a compact bowl of oatmeal in bar form, so they're great for when I'm on the go.
    http://www.savoringthethyme.com/2011/01/quick-and-easy-peanut-butter-granola-bars-via-how-sweet-it-is/

I also plan on trying these once I'm out of the oatmeal bars.
    http://iowagirleats.com/2012/03/20/homemade-chewy-granola-bars/
  • kaitlynnrogers
    kaitlynnrogers Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    i love zone bars or atkins protein bars(:
  • chattipatty2
    chattipatty2 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    i really like protein bars but either they have way too much calories or way too much carbs i want a balanced bar i can eat feel full but not have it be outrageously unhealthy any ideas?
    Detour - Lean Muscle Cookie Dough Caramel Crisp - Protein Bar, 1 bar. Check it out....It is high in carbs, but who cares when its only 3 sugars? High in cals too, but it's all protein. I like them in a pinch, when I have to get cals in.
  • lyn267
    lyn267 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bcirone
    bcirone Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Kind bars - peanut butter dark chocolate.. But @ 7 g of protein, it's more of a snack, that tastes like a candy bar. 200 calories, 17 carbs. Dark Chocolate Cherry Cashew is delicious too.

For more of a meal replacement I like THINK THIN bars. 230 calories, 23 g carbs, 20 g protein. Creamy Peanut butter bar YUMMO

Also, like NUGO trailmix bars.. but high in carbs.
  • kidskart
    kidskart Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    i make my own!!you can find recipies online. I always am cooking all the protein bars on here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-recipes-main-page.html

this way i know exactly whats in them and that there is good quality protein in them! to lessen the carbs i will put less flour and more protein powder. they are delicious =)

Thanks for the link! Great website!
  • Nerdlover12
    Nerdlover12 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love luna protein bars! The chocolate peppermint and smores are really good. I've tried several but those two are my favorite. They both have 180 calories and I eat one everyday after working out. :)