First day of forever

Options
Hey fellow Fitness pals! I am new to Fitness Pal and come on the recommendations of friends. I have lost ten pounds in the last 2.5 weeks and I have about another 110 to lose. I look forward to finding support in the community as well as read all of YOUR success stories!

How long have you used FP?
What was your ah-ha moment to make you decide to take charge?

Happy Monday!

-DaniMarie

18798865.png[/url]
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• kanmuri
    kanmuri Posts: 112
    Options
    Been using it for a month and I already see results. It's a great tool. My ah-ah moment to lose weight was two years ago when a friend of mine recommended I try the gym. I hated it at first but now I don't see my day without a trip to the gym.

Good luck on your journey!
  • NoraMich84
    NoraMich84 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Been using MFP for a little over a month now. It is really great and easy to use. I've been over weight for so long now, have lost weight then gain it back plus some. This time I said I'll make lifelong changes. It's not just about the number anymore but about getting and staying healthy. Add me as a friend if you'd like. Enjoy the ride :bigsmile:
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Hi DaniMarie-

I'm on day 91 (I only know this becuase I got the little 90th day message yesterday) and about 9 lbs down. Maybe more. I've cut back on weighing in as I was starting to get a little obsessed. I am, however, down 2 sizes in both Levi's and dress size.

My moment came when my husband and I learned we were infertile, this past November. Yikes. I was afraid my being overweight was part of the problem (it isn't) and was terrified that IVF wouldn't be an option unless I lost some weight (not the case). So it was driven by fear, I guess. But over the last year I've been working out more and more and overall am down 25 lbs from my high.

Aside from motherhood, my goals are more fitness related than scale related. My big goals are to complete a century (100 mile bike ride) this year and to get my 5k time under 30 minutes. But I understand we all have slightly different goals so I am as supportive as I can be.

Welcome!
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been using it for 6 weeks now. I decided it was time to do something about it becuase i was going to bed depressed every night.
  • SoySalva
    SoySalva Posts: 138
    Options
    Glad to have you on board! I have been dieting on my own for a year now but joined this program in March 2012 hoping to get the support and motivation to reach my goal weight! My ah-ha moment came when at 224 lbs my blood pressure starting rising and one other thing was I was at the point where I was barely able to fit into a plane seat!
  • MayaK84
    MayaK84 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi

I just signed up today! I am so sick of being overweight and really hope that this will help me change my lifestyle. Good Luck to Everyone!
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    I've been here 4 1/2 months. What finally got me motivated was postings from two FB friends within a few hours of each other. One had lost 95 pounds (using the lap band); the other had lost 40 pounds (using THIS site). I decided to give MFP a try. On my FB page I posted "Today is Day 1. I don't know if there will be a Day 2, but today is Day 1." I'm now at Day 140!
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Today is my 170th day. I have found MFP to be a great community for support and information, as long as you are disciplined enough to use it every day. Logging my food and exercise, and being able to hold myself accountable (with the help of my MFP friends) has been the key to my success so far.

As far as my motivation...this is my post from earlier today.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/539908-pics-of-what-70-lbs-looks-like-170-days

Good luck in reaching all of your goals!
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Welcome, welcome!
    I'm an 'oldie' on here as in... I joined forever ago but only used the site as a morbidly curious look at what my calorie intake was (I admit... I stopped logging food if I went over my 1,200 cals. Shameful.)

BUT... I am now back on the bandwagon as I recently had my "Ah-ha!" moment on holiday in Orlando a couple weeks ago for my 30th. On the way over I was slightly uncomfortable in the plane seat (215lbs), and mucho jealous of my smaller friend (in frame and weight). As the fortnight went on and we walked EVERYWHERE, taking the stairs at the water parks killed me, I started to notice my body changing.

I lost 4lbs on holiday (WOOP!) and according to my bathroom scales, 5% fat. My legs and hips fit into trousers that have never had the label off them because they were always too tight and I actually feel that I CAN do it now.
    After suffering a slipped disc last year I was afraid of exercise but now I know I'm stronger in myself ... and possibly the vitamin D from all that lovely Florida sunshine - we don't get much in Scotland ... I just feel POSITIVE. Something I haven't for a long while.

I hope we can stay successful on this journey together! Feel free to friend me if you feel a little lost, I still am too :)
  • y353
    y353 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Started last year then stopped.

Started again about a month and a half.

My wake up call was that my great clothes started to feel too restrictive. I had lost of clothes but only some had "good" fitting. The older ones.