Looking for Online Fitness Buddies to keep me accountable.

Options
We started a Biggest Loser contest at work today. I was excited. That is, until they weighed me.

I'm 5'10. I weigh 238.8lbs. I am SO disgusted with myself right now. It is all my fault. Now I need to turn it around - if not for me, my wife and kids. I look forward to helping encourage others if they are on the same type of journey as me. Today is Day 1. I've been told that it is the hardest day, I hope so, because today certainly feels like rock bottom.

I'm looking to get some online fitness buddies and surround myself with successful people and those who are in my shoes.

A few notes, I'm usually pretty jovial - just not today. And, that's not my real hair.

Brandon

Replies

• Melissa_2305
    Melissa_2305 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me ;)
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    add me if you want I try to worko ut at least 5 dys a week sometimes more Ill keep you motivated time to kick some A**
  • tamerkins2
    tamerkins2 Posts: 212
    Options
    While we don't have a lot in common (I am a girl, 5'2 and weigh 119), I am happy to be your MFP friend!! I am also married with kids. I am doing Biggest Loser at work. We just finished up a round and I came in 2nd. I am hoping to drop the last few lbs this time around :) Feel free to friend me :happy:
  • tomwashere
    tomwashere Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Looks like about 10 of that is hair. :-)
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Looking back the first week was the best because I lost quite a bit and that got me motivated to keep going.
  • lilfurson
    lilfurson Posts: 190
    Options
    I started at 238 beginning of last year. Down 70 pounds so far! You can add me. I do my best to motivate.
  • iluvmycats
    iluvmycats Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi Brandon!

I have been at rock bottom many times!! The first day is usually the hardest (probably why so many times "I will start tomorrow" is common). But you have taken the first step. Its easy to feel disgusted, let down and ashamed but tell yourself that this is a number you wont ever see again! It can only go down from here and you probably already know its NOT going to be easy at all! But you will get there, one day at a time, one meal at a time and sometimes one minute at a time!

I'd be happy to help in anyway I can, lord knows I have a long long way to go myself and in for the long haul in this journey!!
    Jen
  • rawheeler38
    Options
    Feel free to add me- I still have at least 30 pounds to lose (for starters)
  • Brandie1029
    Brandie1029 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can so do this! I started at 250 almost 5 months ago and i'm down 46 so far! :smile: Feel free to add me!
  • x__abbi__x
    x__abbi__x Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    im 5`7 and 254 so know how you feel! I do try and offer help and encouragement to my MFP friends so feel free to add me if you want x
  • pandora20
    pandora20 Posts: 13
    Options
    Me too!!! The more help the better :)
  • sunshinesonata
    sunshinesonata Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me!
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I'm going on week #6. Feel free to add me! I'm 5'10" and was disgusted when I started at 242!