HR question

Options
I am doing Insanity right now, I am on week 7 day 1. My HR usually goes pretty high during these videos(around 180-188) but I never let it reach my max, which is 192. My question is, I started out in pretty poor shape and here I am 7 weeks later in pretty good shape (still have a LONG ways to go) But my HR isn't getting better. I am still having to stop frequently to let it come down. Will this get better over time or do I just have a crappy heart lol.

Oh and for the record I know you all are not doctors, but I was just wondering if anyone had a similar situation.

Replies

• d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    It's HIIT, your heart rate will get up there in bursts. You should get it high then it'll drop back down then back up. That is how Insanity is designed.
  • swall0810
    swall0810 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    It's HIIT, your heart rate will get up there in bursts. You should get it high then it'll drop back down then back up. That is how Insanity is designed.

Then I guess I am doing what I am supposed to . Just sucks cause I would like to push hard and feel I could,but I am scared of my HR....
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options

Then I guess I am doing what I am supposed to . Just sucks cause I would like to push hard and feel I could,but I am scared of my HR....

Honestly remember that your max might not be your max, it's just a guideline. on HRM I'd focus on the task at hand and then not watch the HRM til your little breaks or until you are done. Not a Dr. but if you are scared about your heart go get it checked out if it'll make you feel better. These people are well trained but football players have shown to have HR's above 200 during games for quick bursts at a time. It's all up to the person and how you are built inside.
  • swall0810
    swall0810 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Ill probably just do like you said and do what I can and check heart rate on short breaks. I will be finishing soon and when I start round 2 I hope to be able to do more and go for longer. THanks for the advice!!
  • jademh
    jademh Posts: 94
    Options
    When I've done insanity my HRM would beep cuz i'd go over my max heart rate a lot, but i still kept pushing just because i felt like i could. It's more important to make sure your heart-rate lowers during those break periods really. And you are doing great - remember the further you go into insanity the harder you are pushing yourself whether you realize it or not hence the reason your heart-rate is staying high.