lighthouse cleaning vs. womens body types/??????

Options
DavetheHYNIC
DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
Every day I come to Mfp and there are at least a couple of forum post discussing women's shapes,sizes, which do men prefer etc., I would say that most of these are slightly misogynistic if not overtly so. However about a month ago I posted a topic about light house cleaning and should it be logged as exercise and it promptly got locked up and is still awaiting trial.

I guess my question is why do you think Mfp censored my opinion on what should be logged( which I really don't care if you clean your house eating a doughnut and smoking a Newport, I just wanted to be provocative) AND allows the constant daily scrutiny of womens shapes, sizes, curves, lack there of, what men like don't like and so forth. Which is worse critiquing what's being logged or how women look???

Replies

• jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I see your point, suprised me it got offed, cuz I've seen that topic more than once on here. IMO if you want to read a thread go for it and if not ignore it, and if you know nothing about the subject keep your mouth shut. Such as, the cleaning issue, if you don't know how hard the person worked while cleaning then its none of your beeswax if they log it.
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Dang Dave you make me think to much. I think they locked the post because it was causing to much of a debate about what is considered exercise and what is not. I think it bordered on the rules of respecting others. I guess with so many people saying cleaning isn't a real workout and shouldn't be logged it was offensive to those who were logging it.
  • ShoeDeahva
    ShoeDeahva Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Interesting . . .
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried to clean a lighthouse? It's tough work.
    -wtk

220px-SplitPoint_0072.jpg
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I didn't see the thread, but that was my first thought! The lighthouses around here are very large! :)
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried to clean a lighthouse? It's tough work.
    -wtk

220px-SplitPoint_0072.jpg

You stole the thoughts right outta my fingers!
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Also, if you have a question about why a thread was locked or a comment altered or deleted, just ask the Moderators. I am no shrinking violet in the offensiveness category and I have found the Moderators to be forthcoming and pretty consistent in their application of the guidelines. In fact, you should probably try that when this thread gets locked rather than starting another one asking about it. ;-)