OLIVE GARDEN--help!!

Options
lauryn86
lauryn86 Posts: 86 Member
Ok I have to go to Olive Garden tonight for dinner with my in laws. I know I can check their website for nutritional info but I wanted to know what you guys think of the dishes...do you have any low cal faves?? I have about 700 cals left for the day...thanks!!!

Replies

• imthelobster
    imthelobster Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm partial to the Parmesan Crusted Bistecca, myself. 690 cals.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    water with lemon lol
  • rlwash
    rlwash Posts: 24
    Options
    The salad is actually incredibly unhealthy!!
  • twinlaced
    twinlaced Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    water with lemon lol

Agree'd lol
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Just keep in mind you can always take 1/2 home to eat tomorrow! Don't feel like you need to eat everything on your plate.
  • mommymeg2
    mommymeg2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Soup, salad, breadstick. One bowl of minestrone, a bowl of salad (with no dressing, ask for it on the side for your personal bowl and decline cheese/ask for no croutons and enter salad manually....lettuce, onion, tomato and then use a single serving of the dressing) and then one bread stick :)
  • AbiNichole
    AbiNichole Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Try getting some of the salad BEFORE they put cheese on it. And maybe limit yourself to 1 piece of bread. For me the salad and bread is always the hardest thing to resist.
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Also, my mom likes the Herb-Grilled Salmon and it's 510 calories!
  • lauryn86
    Options
    Just keep in mind you can always take 1/2 home to eat tomorrow! Don't feel like you need to eat everything on your plate.
    SO TRUE!! thanks :)
  • lauryn86
    Options
    I'm partial to the Parmesan Crusted Bistecca, myself. 690 cals.
    what is that exactly?
  • beckilil
    beckilil Posts: 3
    Options
    Get the Apricot Chicken, your salad with dressing ON THE SIDE...skip the cheese, and limit yourself to ONE breadstick!! :)
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I love the Herb grilled chicken with the Minestrone soup. Skip the bread!!!
  • slimmergalpal
    slimmergalpal Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I got the Apricot Venetian Chicken and it was great. It was 380 calories and only 4 grams of fat. Also, you can get the "free" salad they serve you in the big bowl without dressing. No bread sticks, though. They are high in calories. Parmesan cheese is ok, but only do a Tablespoon or 2.
  • llahairdna
    llahairdna Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    The minestrone soup only has 100 calories per serving (it's just a ton of veggies). So when I go there, I get that and eat salad with it (you can ask to have the dressing on the side so you can control the amount).
  • jennapony
    jennapony Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    the whole wheat linguini with marinara isn't bad (provided you only eat one bowl)
  • AubreysMommy30
    AubreysMommy30 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    The Chicken Vino Bianco is really good too... around 750 calories (if you skip the salad and bread). Good Luck!!:flowerforyou:
  • jennapony
    jennapony Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I forgot about the minestrone, that is delicious
  • saralou81
    Options
    Cheese Ravioli with Marinara... 660 cals. Add salad with no croutons and light dressing on the side! Or...soup and salad. Minestrone is 100 cals a bowl and Pasta Fagoli is 130.
  • jching29
    jching29 Posts: 163
    Options
    I'd order whatever you feel like, and ask them to box half of it to go before it gets to the table. Then, you have supper today, lunch tomorrow, and you can eat everything on your plate without worrying :)

If you're going to eat a lot of breadsticks, though (always my weakness!) choose a meal that's a little less carb-heavy...lean proteins like chicken and fish, etc.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    soup and salad. I eat a bowl of chicken a gnocchi and then one of soupe toscona 500 calls for both together. Get the salad dressing on the side. Skip the bredsticks..150cals each.

Also, the apricot chicken is good :)