0g of fat for breakfast ?

Options
I've just had breakfast which consisted of :

*1/2 a cup of mushrooms
*1/2 a cup of cucumber
*2 10" stick of celery

All together this equals 0g of fat. Is this ok of will it put my body into starvation mode ?
If it will I will have a yougurt with 2g of fat, is that enough ?

Thanks !

Replies

• Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    You don't have to include fat in every meal....just make sure you are including some "good fat" in your diet throughout the day.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    that's like, 20 calories. Um you really need energy at breakfast. You need fat and protein too, and carbs, don't forget carbs (unless you are on a keytonic diet). Seriously. Those are all fine foods as filler and maybe a little minerals and fiber, but seriously, you NEED energy, some good carbs, some protein, some fats. Try adding an egg and a piece of whole wheat toast. Or some milk and fiber 1 cereal to your breakfast.

Even for the smallest of us, you still need at least 150 calories at breakfast.
  • haleyk
    haleyk Posts: 58
    Options
    A lot of things I've read suggest making breakfast your largest meal of the day-about 500 calories. Then 500 at lunch and 400 or less at dinner.
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Oh sweetie where did the rest of your breakfast go? Add in some egg beaters to make an omlet, whole grain toast, turkey bacon, a cold glass of milk. Don't be afraid of fat. I eat a hearty breakfast to jumpstart my metabolism every day. I'd be one cranky be-otch if that was how I started my day. (Not criticizing you, just saying what works for me).
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    Dearest, you certainly need to eat more than that for breakfast :p
    You can eat a snack like that if you get hungry.. AFTER dinner, lol.
    I actually just read an article recommending that you eat between 25-55% of your daily calories at breakfast.
  • sportygal
    sportygal Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Fat and protein are important for breakfast. They burn slower and give you energy for the rest of the day. Breakfast...is breaking a fast....and it looks like you are running on fumes. If you eat a hearty breakfast...you have all day to burn it off. When I used to skip breakfast, I'd binge at dinner which was so unhealthy. A good breakfast for me is 2/3 cup oatmeal, 3 walnut halves, banana and protein powder mixed in oatmeal. Just make sure to have protein carb healthy fat at every meal!
    150768.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • keppick
    keppick Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    If that breakfast doesn't put your body in starvation mode nothing will! Fat is not necessarily the point. We all need some fat (unsaturated is best) throughout the day so be sure to include some. Breakfast is called what it is because you are "breaking your fast" from sleeping. Therefore, breakfast should be "meaty", meaning it should have some substance. It should, probably, be the largest meal of the day (because you're just starting your day) with dinner being the lightest (because you're about to go to sleep).