Ab Machines

Options
I couldn't sleep last night and as I am flipping through infomercials I start to wonder.... Do any of these AB machines work?

Does any one own or has anyone tried the following "new" ab machines and what was your take on them?
The Ab Rocket?
The Ab Coaster?
The Ab Circle Pro?

I am having a really hard time loosing my belly weight and thought hey maybe it would be worth investing in one of these machines. But I would like to see if anyone has any reasonable say about any of them.

Please let me know what you guys think or have experienced with any of these.

Thank You as always!!!!!!!!

Replies

• AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I have an ab lounge and when I actually use it... :blushing: I really like it because it allows for such a wide range of motion so you are contracting and then stretching your abs. I love even just getting on it and stretching back if my abs are sore. At one point I was using it twice a day every day and could tell a MAJOR difference. Actually I just set a goal for next week to do the ab lounge for at least 10 minutes every day after my regular workouts.

Check on Craig's List if you decide to get one, I got mine for $50. :bigsmile:
  • xfluffyfrogx
    Options
    I have an ab lounge and when I actually use it... :blushing: I really like it because it allows for such a wide range of motion so you are contracting and then stretching your abs. I love even just getting on it and stretching back if my abs are sore. At one point I was using it twice a day every day and could tell a MAJOR difference. Actually I just set a goal for next week to do the ab lounge for at least 10 minutes every day after my regular workouts.

Check on Craig's List if you decide to get one, I got mine for $50. :bigsmile:

Thanks I'll have to look into it. I never thought to check out Craig's List. :smile:
  • mdb120776
    mdb120776 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The Ab Coaster really does work and you see results in weeks. The only downfall to this is it is so expensive. I was lucky to have my husband buy it for me to give me an incentive to lose some inches in the waist.
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    The best ab program I've ever seen was Ab Ripper X in the P90X series. It uses on your own body weight and no machines. You do not need any fancy machines to get a six-pack. Good exercise and better nutrition will get it done. You will never see your abs without a good clean diet.
  • 1harleygal
    1harleygal Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    :wink: I use the Sears version of the Ab Lounger and love it! One of the main reasons is because I have lower back problems so by using it I don't hurt my back like when doing crunches on the floor!:cry:
  • benw
    benw Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Alot of ab work can be done with your own body weight, but there are some inexpensive items that can help. The stretch bands can help with leg lifts and crunches
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    The best ab program I've ever seen was Ab Ripper X in the P90X series. It uses on your own body weight and no machines. You do not need any fancy machines to get a six-pack. Good exercise and better nutrition will get it done. You will never see your abs without a good clean diet.

Is this something that you can purchase separate from the entire P90X Program?
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    The only ways I know that you can get the Ab Ripper X cd is to either borrow one from a friend of try to find one on Ebay. I really don't think you can buy just one cd from Beachbody.
  • reedman
    reedman Posts: 35
    Options
    I believe you can get Ab Ripper X if you get the Tony Horton 1 on 1 series...but, P90X is something that I personally feel EVERYONE who is interested in getting in shape should do. I've been doing P90X for just under three weeks and the results are undeniable! If you think I'm exaggerating then send me an email and I'll reply with a little slide show I made...the pics were taken day 1, day 8, and day 15. We've all seen the success stories of people who used P90X and for the most part they are incredible. However, those results are NOT atypical. If you actually get up and push yourself to do the very best that you can with P90X you will be amazed at how your body responds!

my email is getfitreedman@gmail.com - I'm so excited about how well it's working for me I'm telling everyone.
  • xfluffyfrogx
    Options
    Thank You for idea about the P90X I have heard a lot of great things about this program from many on MFP and have been also looking into this program as well. I have also found that you can download the P90X and burn them off of Limewire. It takes a long time but can save money.
    Just trying to see what those thought of the "new" and "hot" ab machines that are out and being shown on TV and in the stores.

Thank you again for everyones ideas and help.
  • reedman
    reedman Posts: 35
    Options
    That's also illegal

I don't understand people who want to take the cheap and or easy way to get to something...I can tell you right now...don't bother downloading and burning P90X. If you're not willing to spend the money to buy the program...you won't have the dedication to complete it.