I Need the Truth and a lot of support

Options
I've been wanting to lose 20 lbs. forEVER!!! I've gotten advice from so many different people all with conflicting advice, I don't know what to believe. I don't know what to do. I try and eat healthy but I just eat too much of it. I'm a self sabotager. I will try and eat well but then I'll just see junk food and go "YUMMY". I try and go to the gym twice a week but that doesn't always happen. I desperately need help. I wanna look good by June 10th. I'm 166 now my goal is 140. Hell I'd be happy if I at least lost 10. Can someone please help me?

Replies

• lizz3lizz
    lizz3lizz Posts: 14
    Options
    I wannatry to support you, so be free to add me!
  • kalikelli
    kalikelli Posts: 22
    Options
    No matter what method you choose or what type of food you eat the most important thing is burning more than you take in. Sometimes I give in and eat the yummy food but stick to my calories no matter what. After a while I start realizing that dounut is yummy but not nearly as filling or health as a whole meal with the same amount of calories and it seems to happen less and less.
  • desirae500
    desirae500 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. Glad to give support but you have to supply the motivation and control! Bad habits take awhile to change. Set you expectations appropriately - shoot for 1 lb loss per week. Write everything, I mean everything, in the log (even the junk). Choose exercise you like and will consistently incorporate - going to the gym, taking a walk/run, playing basketball, swimming, etc. This is a lifestyle change, not just a crash to get to a certain weight by a certain date.

I recommend Mayo Clinic Diet: Eat Well Enjoy Life Lose Weight (book). Leads you through gradual changes that will help change your lifestyle for the better!

Good luck!