• wmcnicol
    wmcnicol Posts: 144
    Options
    Keep up the good work!

thank you!!
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with your statement about the gym vs at home workouts, if I'm at the gym when I get sore doing weights or get tired doing cardio it's so easy to stop where with a video I will force myself to keep going until they stop.

I just got the 30 day shred video in the mail today and did level 1 day 1 today. I was dripping sweat! it felt awesome!
  • wmcnicol
    Options
    I totally agree with your statement about the gym vs at home workouts, if I'm at the gym when I get sore doing weights or get tired doing cardio it's so easy to stop where with a video I will force myself to keep going until they stop.

I just got the 30 day shred video in the mail today and did level 1 day 1 today. I was dripping sweat! it felt awesome!

Yeah like I said I've never been to the gym but I don't I'd do to well there haha. Good point I never though about that... I don't ever let myself quit during a work out video. I might take a few little breaks (Like jillian says you can take 5 second breaks which is what I do.) or not be able to do every repetition but I still don't stop till its done!!!

Yeah I watched the level 1 work out before doing it and I was like "really?? This looks easy!" haha... I was wrong. haha. I watched level 3 yesterday and uh... i dunno. haha. I might need a little more time on level 2 before I do that. lol My goal is to be able to do all of level 2 before I move on to level 3. Wish me luck haha

Let us know your progress after 30 days I'm interested in seeing how everyone else does.
  • vshayes
    vshayes Posts: 5
    Options
    After reading this, I will definately try it. I need something to tone my stomach, butt and thigh areas. Maybe this will be perfect. I do have her wii work out video, but I dont use it as much as I should. I really like this chick as well
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    hey peeps!

we started a challenge last week - jump on board if you want!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/53228-30-day-shred-challenge-check-in-5-15
  • weaverc
    weaverc Posts: 158
    Options
    Thanks for the information. I have been wanting to get that video. Everyone says they get great results!
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I think I may give it a shot. I need to start working out. I walk but I need to finish losing and tone up. I'll see if it's on indemand still. Thanks:)
  • tron3002
    tron3002 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I just got it and done level 1, OMG ! I am sweating so much !
    Any ideas how many calories are burnt per level, I think i read somewhere it's about 215cal for level 1, is that right !

Congrats on you loss of inches btw !

I am on level one, 5'1" and 120 pounds. My HRM says I only burn 196 calories on level1.
  • hopetobeinshape
    Options
    Bumping! I think I will add this in twice a wk on my off days from the couch to 5k.

How long does the video take?
  • tron3002
    tron3002 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Bumping! I think I will add this in twice a wk on my off days from the couch to 5k.

How long does the video take?

20 minutes
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Nice results! Will you be doing it again?

There's another group starting June 1st here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/54812-30-day-shred

I just tried it today with 3 lb weights .. my shoulders are very angry with me :laugh:.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Great job! and every .6 counts! :laugh:

Looking for something new, I think I will give this a go! thx
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Any ideas how many calories are burnt per level, I think i read somewhere it's about 215cal for level 1, is that right !

I am on level one, 5'1" and 120 pounds. My HRM says I only burn 196 calories on level1.

I have only done it a couple times and each time my HRM said i burned 110 and 117 calories doing it, it all depends on what kind of shape you are already in, the best way to find out for sure is whith a HRM.
    I just can never find the time to do it, i run on my tradmill when my little guy is napping and i just started back at the gym this week, if i'm home i never get to workout out, too much other stuff to do around here or one of the kids always wants to be driven somewhere or have something going on, going to have to try to get at it more often.
  • 2Shoes
    2Shoes Posts: 396
    Options
    I just did my 1st day today and OMG it was hard. I thought I was going to hurl ! I can't wait to see the results in 30 days.
  • wmcnicol
    Options

Yeah I used my heart rate monitor the other night and I'm 5'4 122 pounds and it said i burned like 270 calories but I also pushed it hard and tried to do everything (I'm still stuck on those danged v raises with the weights I don't know how they do so many!!!) and it had been about 5 days since i worked out (we spent a few days on the river so I know I got a good work out out there lol) so i was really pushing it.
  • wmcnicol
    Options
    Nice results! Will you be doing it again?

There's another group starting June 1st here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/54812-30-day-shred

I just tried it today with 3 lb weights .. my shoulders are very angry with me :laugh:.

I just joined that group!!! :):):)

I have been doing it with 5 pounds weights since thats what I was using doing Turbo Sculpt with the Turbo Jam DVD and I can usually get through most of the reps just not the "v" raises in level 2 seriously they are KILLER!!
  • wmcnicol
    Options
    I just did my 1st day today and OMG it was hard. I thought I was going to hurl ! I can't wait to see the results in 30 days.

yeah... level one was ok for me but I have also been doing turbo jam and similar work outs on DVDs and doing some strength training for a while but the first time I did level 2... wooooow... I laid down and passed out I was so exhausted i thought I was going to DIE!!! lol you know it was a good work out when you feel like dieing hahaha!
  • dmcohee
    dmcohee Posts: 99 Member
    Options

The amount of calories burned will vary from person to person depending on how hard you're working, your age and your weight. I enter it in as circuit training. However, the best way to know for sure would be to use a HRM.

I've only been doing the 30 day shred for a few days, but it definitely gives me a good workout in less than 30 minutes. The 1st day I did level one and level 2 back to back because the workout seemed so short. Bad idea. My legs were killing me all weekend. I definitely feel like I'm working areas that I don't normally work using my normal workouts.
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Check your local Wal-Mart!!!!!

I bought it for 8.86 at Wal-mart.
  • blakgarnet
    blakgarnet Posts: 343
    Options
    I know I just joined this conversation, but I only got the DVD a few days ago from the library... I just picked it up to try something new before I bought a new DVD and it'd great to see that people like it so much. I did level 1 today and after a few minutes I thought it was going to be too easy, but I was seriously sweating by the end of the first circuit. can't wait to try level 2.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!