Net Calories

Options
What is the absolute lowest you can have for your net calories? I am allowed 1,420 calories a day. Today I have eaten 1,466 calories and burned 556 calories from exercise. MFP is saying my net calories is 910. I don't usually eat back all of my exercise calories, just some of them. Today I'm not feeling very hungry and am having a hard time eating all my calories. I've only eaten back 46 calories today. Is that okay or is there a minimum net calorie I should be aiming to acheive?

Replies

• Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I'm a little bit psychic, and I predict that approximately 40 people are about to tell you that you're not eating enough.

Netting 910 calories is called starving yourself. But don't believe me; wait for the chorus of others to follow.
  • dreamchaser12
    dreamchaser12 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Meant to add that I have my settings at sedentary and goal to lose 1lb a week.
  • dreamchaser12
    Options
    Ack!! I've had breakfast, lunch, dinner and two snacks. Drinking my water too. Feeling great, not hungry, how is it I am not eating enough?

So the net calories do need to be at a certain amount?
  • Graciecny
    Graciecny Posts: 303
    Options
    I'm a little bit psychic, and I predict that approximately 40 people are about to tell you that you're not eating enough.

Netting 910 calories is called starving yourself. But don't believe me; wait for the chorus of others to follow.

:laugh: :drinker:
  • dreamchaser12
    Options
    After reading posts the past few weeks about "starving" yourself, it's why I asked the question in the first place. If there isn't a set minimum for net calories, you could just say so, or that you don't know. I'm certainly not trying to starve myself. I did eat well over 1,400 calories today, just net is 910....
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    The net calories are what is supposed to be at 1420 to lose 1 lb/week. Netting 1200 would probably be okay (it'd just put you a bit over 1 lb/week, but your ticker says you have a bit to lose), but netting less than that is generally not recommended.
  • dreamchaser12
    Options
    The net calories are what is supposed to be at 1420 to lose 1 lb/week. Netting 1200 would probably be okay (it'd just put you a bit over 1 lb/week, but your ticker says you have a bit to lose), but netting less than that is generally not recommended.

Thank you!