not enough calories, too many carbs!?

Options
i seem to have a hard time getting in all my calories without going over my carbs or protein..any suggestions?

Replies

• karilynn
    Options
    i seem to have a hard time getting in all my calories without going over my carbs or protein..any suggestions?
  • Kacy
    Kacy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I always have too many carbs but usually have some other stuff left over.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Eat less carbs and protein, and more fat. It just takes some planning ahead.
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    This is a tough one. These items are often "surprises" in places you would never expect them to be. So if you eat ANY prepared foods, and who doesn't these days, you have to be a label reader. This month I'm learning about portion control so I have my measuring cups and spoons and a little ounce scale on the counter and I measure almost everything. I almost never hit the carbs limit and I do that by counting the carbs in my planned meals, comparing it to my limit, then seeing where I can reduce. You only have to do this a few times to see where you can cut down. I eat my sandwiches open faced and I have taco salad instead of taco with shells and I eat more vegetables and less fruit for snacks. I'm doing this with protein now. I looked up some things I would normally eat and just wrote down the amount of protein in them, then I modify the amount I actually eat. It takes a lot of planning in the beginning, but once I have it on my journal, I can refer back to it easily.